Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.36 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Home:
  • Sound Objects: Fill your Home with sound by placing new sound objects. Select from an initial pool of nature, sci-fi and other sounds to add effects and enhance your space. Sound Objects can be found in the audio section of your inventory.
  • Gateways: Create an easy link between your own Home and other Homes with a Gateway. Place anywhere in your Home to expand your space and connect different themed rooms or public Homes. Find Gateways in the Special Items section of your inventory.
  • Performance Improvements: Miscellaneous graphics updates for improved performance with medium and low settings across devices.

If you encounter any issues with this PTC software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
65 REPLIES 65

Anonymous
Not applicable
Jeez! Another Home focused update? What about ASW 2.0? What about in-game performance improvements (according to this list, they didn't even try to improve it)?
Don't get me wrong, sound objects and gateways seem very cool, and I like Home, but it's not the center of the VR world...

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I agree 100%.  Where the heck is ASW 2.0???  I'm getting tired of disabling ASW in X-Plane 11 because of the crappy wavy artifacts the current ASW 1.0 produces.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Richooal
Consultant
Please be advised that "Multiplayer" Home and Social aspects of VR are much more important than stability, reliability and performance.

We're a month short of 3 years (edited) with the Consumer Version Rift, but the meat and potatoes software is still regularly spoiled by the unwanted sauces.

I think it's time they separated the VR Library, Store and Launch Interface from the unnecessary Home fluff.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Richooal said:

Please be advised that "Multiplayer" Home and Social aspects of VR are much more important than stability, reliability and performance.

We're a month short of 2 years with the Consumer Version Rift, but the meat and potatoes software is still regularly spoiled by the unwanted sauces.

I think it's time they separated the VR Library, Store and Launch Interface from the unnecessary Home fluff.

Richooal said:

We're a month short of 2 years with the Consumer Version Rift, but the meat and potatoes software is still regularly spoiled by the unwanted sauces.

Sorry but I do not understand your point. If you mean that Oculus seems to be concentrating on too much Oculus Dollhouse stuff, then I agree.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Chaoss
Expert Protege
If you're not seeing the new things in the beta, run Oculus, put on the headset and let home load, now run any game and let it run for around a minute, then close out of the game and you should see any new features. This is because Oculus Home needs to update something while Oculus client is open but it can't because Home is running, when you run a game Home closes and it'll give the updater a chance to enable the new features
"In the future we will be designing dreams, worlds & experiences rather than games."

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
This should happen when you update and restart. It did with me anyway. Maybe another restart is useful for some?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Richooal said:

I believe that would be 3 years actually...

Rydetz
Honored Guest
I'm currently getting an error. "We're having problems starting, The software might be updating, wait a minute or if the problem keeps happening, contact Oculus support" or something like that.  This has been going on for the last 5 hours.  Anyone have an idea on this?

Richooal
Consultant

dburne said:

Richooal said:

I believe that would be 3 years actually...

Oops! You're right. Thank you.

Richooal
Consultant

TomCgcmfc said:

Richooal said:

Richooal said:

Sorry but I do not understand your point. If you mean that Oculus seems to be concentrating on too much Oculus Dollhouse stuff, then I agree.

Is there an echo in here?