Sending Gift Games — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Sending Gift Games

dashgalaxydashgalaxy Posts: 9
NerveGear
How the heck do I send Oculus Go games as a gift to my parents?

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,756 Volunteer Moderator
    Unfortunately, gifting is not supported at this time. 
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • dashgalaxydashgalaxy Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Can we agree that this is something that needs to be added? Is there any workaround?
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,807 Valuable Player
    No workaround right now.  It took them forever to adopt the same type of return policy as Steam but they did eventually.  I assume the same will happen with the gifting options.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    We don't support this currently. It's good feedback though, and it would be pretty useful.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,756 Volunteer Moderator
    How the heck do I send Oculus Go games as a gift to my parents?
    One possible workaround is to add your credit card as an alternative payment method to their Oculus account, and you can then purchase the games for them using a web browser at oculus.com/experiences/go (make sure you log in with the account associated with the go) the games will then appear in their ready to download list inside of GO library.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,791 Valuable Player
    edited June 2018
    falken76 said:
    No workaround right now.  It took them forever to adopt the same type of return policy as Steam but they did eventually.  I assume the same will happen with the gifting options.

I've told you a billion times - stop exaggerating!
    NerveGear
    I just want to be able to gift games to my parents. Nothing crazy.
    NerveGear
    A gift card option would also be fine!
  • brianpeirisbrianpeiris Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I bought three Oculus Go's for my family months ago and have been waiting for this feature. I would like to try some multiplayer experiences with them casually, without them having to think of credit cards and spending their own money. Please consider bumping the priority on this!
  • Orwelian84Orwelian84 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yea like yall just lost your cut on a sale of Moss for my lil sisters bday. I had to go through steam, which just seems stupid. 
  • minshalljminshallj Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Is this still not a thing? Trying to gift something this Christmas (Oculus go essentials pack)
  • napox42napox42 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    This makes me sad :[
  • eoventoeovento Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Oculus Store is just horrible as a "store" itself. They simply have no clue how to make money. In fact, seems like they don't quite like it. Another ridiculous issue is not being able to buy more than one game at a time, obliging us to make a suspicious bunch of small purchases in a few minutes.
  • edostmannedostmann Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Feels strange. In contrast to letting us have a taste of one of the greatest technology developments of these days, this somehow feels a bit 2004. Oculus, please, let's gift another.
  • SamyannSamyann Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Hey, Oculus … gifting is not brain surgery. Fix it, mmmmkay? You’re losing money.
  • krisvdvijverkrisvdvijver Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    We need gifting urgently! :)
  • brianpeirisbrianpeiris Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Now waiting for gifting for the Quest as well. Even gift cards would do.
  • j.walterswartzj.walterswartz Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    There seriously needs to be a petition to have gifting in the Oculus store. It is beyond stupid that this has not been implemented.this is where  co-op and multiplayer experiences thrive. 
  • SamyannSamyann Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    I don't think Oculus reads this thread. Game gifting or gift cards isn't complicated. Wonder why they don't want the money it would generate? Strange.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,984 Valuable Player
    There seriously needs to be a petition to have gifting in the Oculus store. It is beyond stupid that this has not been implemented.this is where  co-op and multiplayer experiences thrive. 
    What hilarious is that you think petitions work. They don’t sadly. 
  • SideshowHalferSideshowHalfer Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Grooooooan... talking about leaving millions on the table. Tell any friend that is an investor and get them to start complaining. Grandmas everywhere are just waiting to buy VR games for their babies.