Cannot buy games because do not have an address, but can’t find anywhere to add an address! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Cannot buy games because do not have an address, but can’t find anywhere to add an address!

KronashKronash Posts: 3
NerveGear
every time I try to buy a game it tells me I don’t have an address, I then spend about a good hour trying to find the area to add an address only to get fed up and load into gorn to release my anger. Any ideas?

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,020
    Wintermute
    The only time I gave my address was when I bought the Rift. They needed it to deliver it.
    They don't need an address to deliver software.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • KronashKronash Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Well I already have a rift, but I just want to buy a game
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,721 Volunteer Moderator
    @Richooal actually that is incorrect, most tax authorities require 2 proofs of a buyers location when buying digital goods. This is usually a billing address and an IP address collected during the transaction.

@Kronash How are you making a purchase? Do you have a payment method associated with your account? Such as a Debit/Credit card or Paypal? Could you post a screenshot of the error message?

Oculus doesn't store your address, that's why there is nowhere to put it in.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • KronashKronash Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I fixed the problem buy ordering a rift then canceling the order immediately.