Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully) - Page 46 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• ragesaqragesaq Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Hey ApollyonVR, theres a new feature in the Oculus Debug Tool that would be awesome to add to the OTT, the FOV tangent multiplier. This lets you increase the rendering canvas size in VR which can allow you to get a better 16x9 capture for streaming VR, I use it for every FPV game and it would be nice to not have to manually set it every time I start Oculus.
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    edited February 7
    Don't know why - I did a clean install for this release - but the audio switcher isn't working for me. This usually is my first indication that Oculus have released an update or patch - but they haven't (afaik), so I'm a bit mystified.

***please note this issue has been fixed by using the latest version - d'oh!

• sergioschumisergioschumi Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Hi @ApollyonVR , thanks again for the recent updates.
    I have a little issue, related to the "Default ASW Mode"

I have set it to "Off", and in Service & Startup options I have set to Launch Oculus Home on tool start.

But when I launch OTT, so OTT automatically launches Oculus Home, if I click on Visual HUD and choose ASW Status, the active option is wrong because I see in the HMD "available - not active", where it should be displaying "Not available". It seems to startup at default "Auto" instead although the Default ASW Mode being displayed is "Off"

If I extend the Default ASW Mode and reselect "Off", then yes in the HMD I see the expected "Not Avaiable" status

Not a big issue, as I know that I just reselect Off just after launching everything and no problem

• PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 216
    Nexus 6
    Thanks for the update again. I just want to say great work.

At the same time though, I still have problems with home not actually minimizing to tray even though it says it has. This is random though as sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. It's a minor irritation but never the less present. Any idea what is causing this? Am I the only one experiencing this?
    i7 8700k @ 5ghz, Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, MSI 1080ti Gaming X @ 2050Ghz + 11.4Ghz ram, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, Adata SX6000NP M.2 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, Toshiba 3TB HD, Oculus Rift, Odyssey Plus, Windows 10 Pro 1803
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist

At the same time though, I still have problems with home not actually minimizing to tray even though it says it has. This is random though as sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. It's a minor irritation but never the less present. Any idea what is causing this? Am I the only one experiencing this?

Yes, same problem here and mine always has to have home minimised manually despite OTT saying it has been done.
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 346
    Trinity
    Sorry for the lack of replies, busy adding some new cool stuff =). Anyway, if you guys could send me the ott.log, either as a private message or via email, i'll have a look and see what is going on.

Cheers!
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    Ah - yet another update to Home. Good news/bad news...

• BrziJoeBrziJoe Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    @ApollyonVR great tool man, but lately it does not work right. Game profile ss does not work (game:IL-2 Bos), and there is no more general option ss 0.8 (I need that to be able to spot planes in that game, and that game is playable on nvidia 1070). Can you please add general option ss low to 0.7? thank you
    NerveGear
    EDIT: Regarding my last post, OTT works, I just have problems with starting IL-2 bos in vr. It is same exe file for vr and non vr, and it somehow avoid ott. I have to investigate more.
    PS: if possible, please add general ss lower than 1, that would help. thx
    Trinity
    @BrziJoe ; Good to hear. Regarding ss lower than 1.0, that is available as a chioce when you create a profile, yes? But i will also add it to the "Default Default Super Sampling" selection, so that will be in the next release.

Cheers!
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,302 Valuable Player
    BrziJoe said:
    EDIT: Regarding my last post, OTT works, I just have problems with starting IL-2 bos in vr. It is same exe file for vr and non vr, and it somehow avoid ott. I have to investigate more.
    PS: if possible, please add general ss lower than 1, that would help. thx
    Do you have the IL-2 Profile pointed to IL-2.exe or the Launcher.exe?
    I have mine set to IL-2.exe and most times the profile applies properly.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
    NerveGear
    It is on IL-2.exe, but lately it does not work with OTT (ss 0.8, asw disabled). But i hear sound for profile launching, what is strange. And it was working before.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,029
    Wintermute
    So, is version 0.86 coming out soon?  I'd like to try OTT again.  I kinda miss it but I have been waiting for the Oculus 1.35 and Win10 1809 update dusts to settle.  Thanks.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
    Trinity
    @TomCgcmfc It's coming, not sure about 'soon', but it's coming. =) Got some bugfixes and new stuff i wanna get in there, but work and life in general is taking a large chunk out my time at the moment. I'll try and get you all some updates on progress once i have a aprox. timeframe.

Cheers!
  • realitylooprealityloop Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    @ApollyonVR would it be possible to add an option to disable SPUD to OTT please?

Wintermute
    @ApollyonVR would it be possible to add an option to disable SPUD to OTT please?

This is something that is very easy to do (with your more info link) and you normally only have to do once.  If it works well for you (like it has for me) then you never worry about it again.  I doubt that it is something you want to turn on/off for diff apps.  Sorry but I don't see the point in adding it to OTT.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
    Trinity
    @realityloop ; I've sent you a PM.
    Wintermute
    Plus turning spud on/off requires changes to your registry.  Probably not something that is a good idea with OTT.  Of course, I could be wrong, lol!

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6tca7t/why_you_may_need_to_disable_spud_oled_mura/

NerveGear
    @ApollyonVR replied.. cheers

NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:
    This is something that is very easy to do (with your more info link) and you normally only have to do once.  If it works well for you (like it has for me) then you never worry about it again.  I doubt that it is something you want to turn on/off for diff apps.  Sorry but I don't see the point in adding it to OTT.
    Yeah I've already enabled it via registry myself, it's pretty hard to validate if it's actually making a difference though.. I swear it does.. but I concede it may be placebo effect.. do you have any examples that show it off really well?
    Wintermute
    edited February 21
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Yeah I've already enabled it via registry myself, it's pretty hard to validate if it's actually making a difference though.. I swear it does.. but I concede it may be placebo effect.. do you have any examples that show it off really well?
    I think you mean you disabled Spud?  Pretty obvious if it helps you imho.  It does not help everyone btw.  Seems to depend on your headset displays because all seem to be slightly different (probably an OLED thing?).  You can easily turn it on by changing the registry value from 0 to 1.  

Before turning Spud off I got a grey veil when night flying with X-Plane 11.  Also, background lights were a blurry.  After turning Spud off everything was perfect (ok, nothings perfect, but a lot better anyway, lol!).  I have not noticed any negative effects with any games/apps in non-night like background so I've just kept it off (+8 months ago).  Sorry I don't have screenshots to show before/after.
    NerveGear
    @TomCgcmfc it looks like SPUD was only applicable to older headsets,@ApollyonVR found some info that indicates older than 6 months, I ordered mine on black Friday and it seems to not benefit from making these changes, testing in a full black environment the dispalys looked the same with SPUD on or off.
  • KemerosKemeros Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    edited February 23
    Hey man

The audio Switcher works well if you let it switch the device on it's own during OTT's start or Oculus Home's start(depending on what you chose. However the tray right click menu doesn't update to match the current default device and it's only possible to switch to the fallback device, if you try to switch back to the Oculus, it doesn't do anything. You have to restart OTT or Oculus home to switch back the Oculus.

Everything else works #1. :smile:

Edit: Using 0.85.4
    Trinity
    @Kemeros ; Thanks, fixed that now. =)
  • NetheriNetheri Posts: 212
    Nexus 6
    edited March 1
    @ApollyonVR every Steam game or app which isn't on Steams native install directory (...program files(x86)..) can't be made profile at least regarding the profile maker itself.

Game importer founds them as it does with the "..program files(86).."-directory but when imported to game library and when profile is tried to make, profile maker doesn't find the exes automatically but only for the native Steam directory games&apps (..Program files(x86)..) and even when target is set manually, the text under the game library game/app icon stays red at the same time there's allways the same option in right click dropdown: "create profile". I checked the importer, it does show the correct Steam directories and install directories, and the game icons are shown at least in Oculus desktop apps library. 

Edit: Also, the system wide asw setting goes to blanc after every time OTT is closed and started. Also, selective usb standby always gives option to "not available" when set to "disabled" or it is gone to "enabled" by itself after OTT restart. 
    i5-8600K@5GHz, Gigabyte 2080 Gaming OC, Corsair 32gb 3000MHz@3100MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 2 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 cards.
    Non-mandatory Home 2.0 and/or Dash in memoriam
  • 71st_Mastiff71st_Mastiff Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    edited March 7
    I noticed my profiles no longer are working, 
    the game is detected but it is not loading profiles, 
    when I open up to edit the profiles and click on browse, it gives me an incorrect exe path, of where the profile I want to edit.
    it opens up the last edited profile.

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " Asus z370 MX||i7x8700k||ddr4-32gb PC3200||RTX 2080-8gb||AX1200 Corsair||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir||ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||X55 Throttle||G15 Keyboard/Mouse|| Rift VR \ 32" Samsung|| 1x9inc||
    Brain Burst
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
       at OculusTrayTool.frmProfiles.LaunchAppWithOptionsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.7.3362.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    OculusTrayTool
        Assembly Version: 0.85.4.0
        Win32 Version: 0.85.4.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/OculusTrayTool.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 14.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
        Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Accessibility
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Management
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
    System.Data.SQLite
        Assembly Version: 1.0.104.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.104.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
    System.Data
        Win32 Version: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Transactions
        Win32 Version: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
    Newtonsoft.Json
        Assembly Version: 11.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 11.0.2.21924
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
    CoreAudio
        Assembly Version: 2017.4.18.14
        Win32 Version: 2017.4.18.14
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/CoreAudio.DLL
    System.EnterpriseServices
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
    System.ServiceProcess
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceProcess/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.ServiceProcess.dll
    UACHelper
        Assembly Version: 1.0.1.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.1.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/UACHelper.DLL
    System.Numerics
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
    System.Runtime.Serialization
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
    Microsoft.Speech
        Assembly Version: 11.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 11.0.7400.345
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Speech/11.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.Speech.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " Asus z370 MX||i7x8700k||ddr4-32gb PC3200||RTX 2080-8gb||AX1200 Corsair||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir||ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||X55 Throttle||G15 Keyboard/Mouse|| Rift VR \ 32" Samsung|| 1x9inc||
    Brain Burst
    edited March 7
    here's a couple of debugs, the profile will not load.

All so maybe the issue with that latest Windows 10 update release 

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-kb4482887-cumulative-update-causing-major-stuttering-in-games/
    Trinity
    @71st_Mastiff ; Don't think that issue is what is causing this problem. I'm not seeing anything wrong in the logs though. I'll send you PM and we can keep working on it there.

Cheers!