cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought a Rift (super excited!), any idea how long it'll take to get to me (UK)? =)

Meta-xx
Protege
Hi all! Newbie here. 

After trying out my boyfriend's Rift I decided to take the plunge and get myself one. I've got everything ordered that I can see myself needing (active cable extensions, stand to keep it safe, wall mounts, etc.), and it's all due to arrive this Saturday, however the main thing I'm obviously waiting for is the Rift itself! I placed my order yesterday and ordered an additional sensor today, so does anyone know approximately how long they will take to arrive to my address here in the UK? 

Thanks in advance for any replies! 
31 REPLIES 31

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
As a newcomer, im surprised as well with how time goes by.
 Feels like yesterday I got my rift, but its still 14-15 months.

What a great insight on how rift felt back when it just got released @DaftnDirect
Be good, die great !

was surprise how long ago that was @KlodsBrik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Time has been a bit odd for the last 30 years or so imo. Probably aliens fucking with us I reckon.

Meta-xx
Protege
Just thought I'd drop a quick update. 😃 

Rift arrived early yesterday morning and my third sensor arrived a few hours ago. So far I'm loving it! Totally different experience to playing on a flat monitor. Truly incredible. My only gripe thus far is that as I wear glasses getting everything in focus is kind of a hassle, and even still I can't get it quite focused properly. I think my IPD is higher than that of the rift (and yes, I have adjusted the IPD of the lenses before anyone asks. =P). But, that being said, I'm thoroughly loving the experience! Now I just need to save up the cash for a few decent games. XD 

In the meantime if anyone has any suggestions on what to do next I'm all ears? 😃

A_Force
Expert Protege
If you don't have money to spend at the moment, there are plenty of cool free experiences to try out!

I strongly recommend Lost, Invasion and Crow for some cinematic experiences (Crow is super cool, about 20 minutes high quality animation).

Game wise, i assume you have tried robo recall which comes free with the rift? Also check out Aircar and ISS for some free cool scifi-ish experiences.

Theres probably more!

CGH001
Protege
It took me a few weeks to get used to my rift and how to use it properly (recentering etc). I've had it 17 months now and it's still great.

I wear glasses for everyday stuff and reading glasses when I'm on my PC/laptop but strangely enough. I don't need to wear them in the rift - weird eh!

Assetto Corsa and Project Cars are good for racing games, DCS for flight sims, Elite Dangerous for space stuff (with Voice Attack and HCS voice packs), Skyrim for RPG stuff and Serious Sam 3 VR BFE for FPS. There's lots of good free stuff too and Aircar is one that I still load up now as it's a good way to show off the Rift and still feels good.

I do struggle to maintain interest in flat screen games now though!

Happy Rifting!

sford52
Heroic Explorer
Google earth is a lot of fun and the price is right.
I'm a huge fan of Lone Echo, but it's expensive.
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

Anonymous
Not applicable
The best VR games (imo) are flight sims, driving sims and horror games.

Dreadhalls will have you filling your trousers lol, and it's pretty cheap to buy too. Alien Isolation is almost always on offer on Steam and there's a free VR mod so that you can play it in VR. This will also have you filling your trousers. Those two games are the two scariest games available so far but other awesome scary games and experiences (in no particular order) include:

Face Your Fears (free on Oculus Store)
Exorcist: Legion
Paranormal Activity Lost Souls
Vive Nights At Freddy's (free from here: https://dielji.itch.io/vive-nights-at-freddys-a-vr-fan-remake)
Affected The Manor
The Visitor (free on Steam)
Narcosis
Duck Season
Escape Bloody Mary
Emily Wants To Play
Boogeyman
Boogeyman 2
Dead Secret
Dead Secret Circle
Don't Knock Twice
Arizona Sunshine (not really scary but things can get a bit hairy in places lol)
Wilson's Heart

For flight, space and driving sims:

War Thunder (free on Steam)
DCS World (free on Steam)
IL-2 Sturmovic
Elite Dangerous (often on sale for 75% off lately)
DiRT Rally
Project CARS 2
Assetto Corsa
Euro Truck Simulator 2
American Truck Simulator

I'd recommend you get a steering wheel controller and a HOTAS for those games above for the best experience.

Free games that you might have missed:

Lucky's Tale
Farlands
Dead & Buried
Herobound Spirit Champion

Free experiences that you might have missed:

Google Earth VR
Night Cafe
Medium
Quill
1943 Berlin Blitz
Anne Franks House VR
Nefertari Journey To Eternity
Aircar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Alien Isolation and all DLC is now available on sale on the Humble Bundle site for £8.74 if you want to pick it up:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/alien-isolation-the-collection

Just make sure you have clean underwear handy to change into before you start playing! 😄

Greyman
Superstar
If you have plenty of room and no expensive chandeliers, I'd definitely give Beat Saber a go.  

Maybe check out out the countless videos on YT to get an idea of what it's all about

as for the clarity of the image, the position of the headset on your head can make a big difference, so make sure you have it correctly positioned.  Maybe move it around a little to see where the image is at its clearest