New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

I want to disable Asynchronous Spacewarp.

mkumacecmkumacec Posts: 3
NerveGear
edited February 2019 in Oculus Rift S and Rift

I want to disable Asynchronous Spacewarp.

With the software I am using, the image suddenly became like a rage windmill.
Resolved by disabling Asynchronous Spacewarp (Ctrl + Num_1)

In the future, not a shortcut key
I want to permanently disable it in the registry setting file.
How to set it?

----
I tried the next but it did not become disable.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Oculus VR, LLC \ LibOVR
We set the value of AswEnabled to 0,

Tagged:

Comments

• markypeamarkypea Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    C:\Program Files\Oculus\OculusSDK\Tools\OculusDebugTool.exe
    I run this every time I boot, I disable it there.

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,127 Valuable Player
    edited February 2019
    I don't use Oculus Debug tool (ODT) or Oculus tray tool (OTT) right now but I know you can use either of these to switch off ASW.  In the case of OTT you can have this done for just the games you want by making a profile.  Personally I just find it a lot faster/easier to use ctrl+num1 (numeric keyboard 1 not top row 1) to turn ASW = off.  When you restart it will go back to ASW = auto (default).  

I agree it would be nice to have an option to change the ASW default to Off.  I have a decent gaming PC so I have never seen any advantages using ASW anyway.  When it does kick in it causes a lot of unwanted artifacts (like wavy building windows).  Plus ASW does use a few extra PC resources (but not very many).  Maybe ASW 2.0 (if and when it ever gets released) will improve this, who knows?  

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• mkumacecmkumacec Posts: 3
    NerveGear

markypea,
    Thank you for the information.

It certainly could be set to "disable" using OculusDebugTool.exe.
    The Rage windmill also stopped.
    But, as you said, restarting my computer will return to "auto".

Can not always change to "Disable"  ?

ps.
      PC beginners use my Oculus,
      so I do not want to use shortcut keys or OculusDebugTool.exe ...

• mkumacecmkumacec Posts: 3
    NerveGear

TomCgcmfc,
    Thank you for the information.

>>>
      When it does kick in it causes a lot of unwanted artifacts (like wavy building windows). 

Indeed, the situation you say is happening in my Oculus.

It did not occur in Oculus desktop software version 1.29.
    Now I can not use my software, I am in trouble.

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    Seems Oculus do not give a crap about what Users want. They provide themselves with jobs to do for the sake of keeping themselves in jobs solely. Simple switches like: -
    NO ASW
    NO HOME (to load either Classic OR empty grid OR STORE instead so less updates to **** it up always)
    NO BATTERY WARNINGS IN GAMES
    NO TOUCH VIBRATION HAPTICS
    NO CPU & GPU SPECIAL ALLOWED TO WORK LIST (despite others not listed do work well!)
    NO STUPID EXTRAS THEY CAN THINK TO ADD WITH FACEBOOK!
  • ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 486
    Trinity
    At least they make blocking people easy.
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
  • WingnutradioWingnutradio Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    what's with all the rage in here? 
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,127 Valuable Player
    edited February 2019
    No rage, just the usual Mac-crap, lol!  I suggest you put him on your Ignore list. or at least try to avoid replying to his +90% silly posts.  Maybe he will finally get banned or just go away, who knows?

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,507 Valuable Player
    At least they make blocking people easy.
    Thumbs up on that one!
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    I see this is your first time meeting people.

A year or two ago...
    Everyone: OMG, I want to be able to walk around in this room loading area and maybe put up decorations and stuff and it would be awesome!

After Oculus gives us Home...
    Half of people:  OMG, I don't want this, I just want to load my game, stop giving us crap we don't want!
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    TomCgcmfc said:
    No rage, just the usual Mac-crap, lol!  I suggest you put him on your Ignore list. or at least try to avoid replying to his +90% silly posts.  Maybe he will finally get banned or just go away, who knows?
    @LZoltowski I do not need yet another personal attack. My input is part of the community. He has totally no right to continue with attacks on me. It isn't even funny.