cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat saber won't update

WolfgangWaltenberger
Honored Guest
Hey, about a month ago I have bought beat saber in the oculus store. Things are working nicely, the updates are great. Except the most recent update, 0.12.1, just won't install. The oculus program simply says "couldnt install, please contact occulus support". Anybody knows whats going on?
30 REPLIES 30

DenisJrLambert
Honored Guest
Same problem for me.....

WolfgangWaltenberger
Honored Guest
To add to the thread, I did not do any modifications, add my own sogns, or anything. Always played it as intended.

basilmill
Explorer
Well, my December 16th update downloaded and installed fine, but my Dec 24th update (which supposedly has some new songs) won't download and update.  Anyone know anything about the reason for the beat saber update issues?

SergeantSlimbo
Honored Guest
Mine won't update, from 0.12.1 -0.12.2. Neither will onward, they're the only games that won't update. 

basilmill
Explorer
No news yet?  My Beat Saber still won't update.  It's sad.  In the advertisement for the update I can hear the new songs.  But, no I can't play them.  Anybody else have problems getting Beat Saber to update?  Would it be worth it to uninstall it and re-install it?

Disisme
Protege
I have about 7 games that refuse to update. Occ. aint interested.

thickbeard
Explorer
Same for me. 

meefling
Honored Guest
I figured out what worked for me. I uninstalled it and then installed it again and it downloaded with the new update. I did this from the oculus store so i don't know if it would work from steam.

Nij
Heroic Explorer
I've been having this issue for ages now, pretty much all of my games will update fine apart from beat saber and one or 2 others and the only way I can get round it, is by uninstalling and reinstalling but I'm getting fed up of doing this now, as there is another update today and again it won't update but echo vr, the wavevr and bigscreen all updated fine this week so it is definately just certain games

I've contacted oculus and like others have said there not really interested and I sent them my logs but they reckon it's a windows permission thing that is causing it but I've checked the permissions for the folder and they're all set to allow, so this is now becoming very annoying as i'll have to uninstall and reinstall again today, I've contacted the developer also

Did anybody figure this out
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit