New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Elite Dangerous: Friends Lists, Favorite Loadouts, etc.

1232425262729»

Comments

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited May 2018
    3.1 may come in May. I doubt there will be much content except for extra Thargoid activity probably. When will FD understand what the majority really want instead of an isolated few in the Dev Team which seem to lead the game into the way they want to lead it with a niche group of players (themselves?). The way Thargoid/Guardian wrecks come about was from an insider (I do not believe some player found a shipwreck at x/y coordinates!), which got drip fed into a hunt for more by cryptic clues, and then led us to another grind-fest of repeat same tasks time and time again to get unlocks bollocks!
    GAMEPLAY & TWEAKS I WANT: -
    1. For any WANTED scanned to be shared data between all Crew & Wings. Not my crew attacking a Ship I must wait to scan first.
    2. Multi-Crew to be totally universal in that anyone can be Helm, anyone can be Gunner, anyone can take Fighters without current limitations e.g. presently Captain No Gunner, Captain No Fighter etc. BUT provide overrides for access to Helm & Gunner. Far too often I have to tell Crew to not take Gunner Role because of the overheat mechanic which only highly experienced players will take note of and the ONLY way (except Kicking) to prevent them is by Retracting Weapons which may not save my Ship! 
    Add in totally Universal use of SRV for Multi-Crew and even Fighters on Planets.
    3. Wings to allow the Captains of Multi-Crew Ships (Crew will not have VOIP between Wings) which will be the start of said Squadrons. Wings will still allow SLF and all interchanges.
    4. AI Fighters should allow 2 AI Crew to be Hired and fly 2 Fighters. The FOLLOW ME order has been removed because it acts the same as DEFEND order. Replace it with a SCAN FOR TARGETS by searching within 20km and their scans will be shared to yours for your Next Target bind to pickup on.
    5. Make some Miners WANTED also so there is less predictable play. They too carry SLF so let them use them while they mine and then try make a get away when discovered.
    6. CZs do need some closed sessions as they seem to have when doing well but after several respawns have a time out (expand the CeaseFire Period and make it so rather than still fighting).
    7. I never see Corvettes & Cutters in RES - WHY? More appearances of Capitol Ships needed too, e.g. around Stations under attack but just out of the No Fire Range Zone to drop off enemy Ships. I've never seen a battle around Stations except the added narrative to Thargoids manually written in! Make more use of the Letter Box closed to Hostile unless the Stations Turrets are destroyed. Then the Ship loses rotation and opens for the Faction Control take over. i.e. CZ around Stations which have say 10 respawns and ultimately it stops. You can remain neutral of course.
    8. Allow Trading between Players (by transactions) either in Station & outer-space. So you could be paid as a Repair/Refuel Service too.
    9. Navy Rank Missions are just way too simple and not very Naval! Make it a set of 3 Linked Missions just as Vindicator Jones suggested all missions for unlocks be also...e.g. Take a fast Ship and meet your objective in a RES in Enemy System (far away e.g. Empire Space if it's a Fed Mission) to collect the Secret Planet Map of a Hostage, escape to a beacon through the asteroid belts chased by local Security (a 10 minute chase and more contacts to meet the higher it gets) to get coordinates to scan for that Planet, then go onto a Planet Mission to Rescue the Hostage after taking out the defences. Whatever it is, the Ship must be built for all the criteria (e.g. not combat, long distance, speed, can take out base defences).
    10. Navy Roles that put you into CZs in loaned Ships (preset loadouts and no Rebuys) and launched from Mega-Ships & Capitol Ships but also on Planets and around Stations.

That's my basic 10 and I understand Atmospheric Landings and Space Legs is planned for the future however long this will take although these probably won't really add to gameplay. What's your list of 10?

Wintermute
    edited May 2018
    Can somebody please provide the above Suggestions in FD FORUM? I can't get access to their idiot Forum which abuses Users only to play around with them in a game called The Forum Police and hand out Infractions for speaking your mind in the Rules of your own country for a game which was designed and made in your own country and abused by idiots.
    Lots of unhappy people with E:D in the past few weeks as brought up by VindicatorJones, ObsidianAnt and Yamiks. I want Gameplay. Not this single narrative for the FD Dev mates to play around with whilst the rest of us watch how to do it and then it spoils the point and turns into a Login/Out Session of repeating the same Kill bloody Skimmers on 1 planet too far away!!!
    Wintermute
    The new Update 3.1 is due out 8th May but the Devs are seriously wanting to know our feedback for future development.
    Wintermute
    This weekend was Engineering Bonus to give you a next level upgrade to one class lower. So I take my Conda to The Dweller, check out what I can do after converting my Legacy Upgrades to my lower weapon Burst Lasers, they go to grade 1 and are immediately worse off and then see I need Mechanical Scrap & Legacy Firmware if I wish to do anything at all which I wish.

So I spend the next hour looking for USS Destroyed Ships - having found NONE I simply give up. Excellent weekend NOT!!!
  • ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 540
    Neo
    Yep the materials grind for the data and ship related materials is just utterly sucky. Shooting rocks on a planet surface I can just about live with, but the rest is bullshit.
    Wintermute
    edited June 2018
    I am betting absolutely none of my list of 10 Wishes get added this year and maybe never. The Devs simply do not listen but want to add extra tit bits of story driven puzzles which get spoiled. All that alien crap is just a side show of wasting all your previous work to grind yet again on other weapons and upgrades. 
    All I wanted was better gameplay itself but these are too easy for devs to get paid for it seems!
    @Frontier_Support
  • DrakkieDrakkie Posts: 172
    Art3mis
    edited June 2018
    Anyone having Rift problems with the new Elitye: Dangerous update? It's all very jittery for me, while something like Prepar3D is smooth as silk. Oculus Home is smooth too, until the ED was opened (and closed) then it starts to jjitter too.
  • ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 540
    Neo
    Not that I noticed last night and I was on for over a couple of hours or so. A few camera problems with the new Krait in the hanger and outfitting, but otherwise nothing major to report.

Spent a bit of time on it last night getting back to Jameson to try out the new Krait. I like it. Probably the best ship in VR so far. The cockpit area is just so damn cool, and the way you can see the 2 medium hardpoints open up either side of you, also super cool. Nice looking ship over all and pretty good specs too. Smae fire power as a Python, faster, more maneuverable, able to fit an SLF bay, but on the flip side, less shields/armour and less cargo space. However like the Python it fits a medium pad and can still haul a reasonable amount of cargo or passengers. Possibly my new favourite multirole ship. Still need to give it a bit more testing though.
    Wintermute
    edited June 2018
    Yes the Krait is now my favourite Ship above my Conda. It just makes so much sense in design too and yes in VR you get much more 3D effect due to the large struts up front. The view looking up for Fighting is also wide open. I did expect to see a non-central role but the Ship is as big above as below so the cockpit is central. I find 3 Beams work great plus 2 Plasma Canons to get the fight started. With 2 medium MC were not enough and jammed lots. Frag Canon was ok but can get you WANTED due to the spread. Did not try Canon but think it's just not enough ammo to those.
    Like all Ships it needs Mods but every little one helps to make it work a treat. I run Bi-Weave as it has enough speed to run and recharge if in bother. To fly well you must be using lots of Strafe and boosts and be constantly managing pips, joist with 4pips to Shields and boost turn with 4pips to Weapons etc. It works well if you work hard enough.
    Art3mis
    Bah, the game is pretty much unplayable in VR for me now. I went through the entire Rift setup again, including the whole floaty robot thing, and that all worked fine. Started Elite:Dangerous, everything is fine until I start Open Play, then the head tracking seems to be off (when turning my head, the image stutters. Framerate is fine however).

Exit Elite Dangerous, and then Oculus Home is also jittery. After quiting and restarting Oculus home, it's smooth again.

I'd lay the blame at Elite, but it seems so weird that it can influence the whole setup even after exiting.
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,367 Valuable Player
    If you look at the head of the threads on the Home page here, you'll see that this appears to be a general issue. I wouldn't give up just yet - Cyber says they are investigating the tracking issues.

Fortunately I'm still on a very uneventful trip out to Sag A (still 150+ jumps to go) so I don't mind giving it a miss for a short while.

• FrontierSupportFrontierSupport Posts: 120 Oculus Partner
    Hey all, just a reminder that if you're encountering issues please do send us a ticket and we can investigate any problems you're having. :)

CMDR Tronador
    Frontier Support Team
    Wintermute
    edited July 2018
    Hey all, just a reminder that if you're encountering issues please do send us a ticket and we can investigate any problems you're having. :)

CMDR Tronador
    Frontier Support Team

I want to REPORT having to still manually switching to Rift audio and it never stores last used Re-Centre info upon startup. The link for Support sends to me to make a BUG REPORT on the Forum but they banned me by abusing my posts just for being jobs worth. This is disgusting!

• JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,367 Valuable Player
    Drakkie said:
    Anyone having Rift problems with the new Elitye: Dangerous update? It's all very jittery for me, while something like Prepar3D is smooth as silk. Oculus Home is smooth too, until the ED was opened (and closed) then it starts to jjitter too.
    'Fraid not - I've just had a sesh and all was okay and normal.

Wintermute
    edited July 2018
    MAC_MAN86 said:

CMDR Tronador
    Frontier Support Team

I want to REPORT having to still manually switching to Rift audio and it never stores last used Re-Centre info upon startup. The link for Support sends to me to make a BUG REPORT on the Forum but they banned me by abusing my posts just for being jobs worth. This is disgusting!
    @Frontier_Support will you please address this and sort this out. The best VR game and it is not entirely VR Optimized!

Besides this, we want more VR starting with Head Movement to be followed as seen here in CAP2. Think about adding in the same Cockpit grab button to control the actual Cockpit Switches. Still a flat screen for the Commodities Market.Seriously, as a Lifetime Member I am seriously not impressed by the lack of real progress. This needs an update and is most due!

Also add my 10 Wanted List above please.

Art3mis

CMDR Tronador
    Frontier Support Team
    I made the ticket and we were able to isolate the problem to the AsRogService, which is part of Asus AURA (which syncs the leds on the motherboared and video card to external sources, like the temperature). Disabling that solves my issues, if anyone happens to find this forum when looking for a solution to the jitter problem :)
    Wintermute
    edited July 2018
    My fixes to Obsidian Ant's video on Narrative: - 
    1. Whilst players do get added to a List of 5 Most Wanted for Bounty Hunting we would need to add them as Friends to know when in fact at least they are presently ONLINE! Plus there is no way to access this List in your Logs whilst away from the Stations. This needs addressed in both ways mentioned.

2. Allow Players to hold Cargo in secret locations (thus forming a Pirate Base but just for stash). For this they could store literally anything from Cargo to Mats to Data etc. This would of course be mostly stolen goods and I think must be in HazRes sites only for the obvious convenience a Pirate would use rather than the long routes Planetside UNLESS there is more gameplay on Plants which this may bring part of. Your SRV with only 2t Cargo Bay will make use of a Planet Stash. Other Players/Pirates may raid these and so they must be secret. This should not be accessed in SOLO Mode surely! Asteroid Bases at RES are coming!

3. Players should be able to hire Pilots (payment upon completed tasks) thus pay via Cargo OR a fixed limit of credits.

4. Allow invites for Ranked Players in the Navy to get invites for a proper Navy Mission. You supplied a set Load Out Ship based on Rank to be part of a Squadron (coming soon) and all set off from the Station, group Jump and so on.

5. Nothing should be so predictable. Miners may also be WANTED in other Systems so too should use KWS (I gave up as not enough room mostly and is lost time!).

Anyway it's coming but I think easy things must be sorted as my previous List of 10 above.

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,148 Valuable Player
    edited February 2019
    Necro bump,
    Looks like someone finally found @snowdog:p

Elite Dangerous player stranded for three months has been rescued
    An Elite Dangerous pilot who was stranded in the void beyond the galaxy has been rescued by a group of interstellar breakdown mechanics. Commander “Deluvian” was stuck in space, 141 lightyears from the galactic disc players normally try to stick to, all because he’d sipped too greedily from one of his fuel tanks.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,493 Valuable Player
    I haven't been outside the Bubble yet lol, but I'll be exploring some time during the next few months and will probably need the Fuel Rats' services soon after lmfao  :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,324
    Wintermute
    as a noob explorer. i just stick to the KGB FOAM star systems, so that running out of fuel and crashing into stars is less likely.  ;)