cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite Dangerous: Friends Lists, Favorite Loadouts, etc.

CrashFu
Consultant
Consider this the thread to invite fellow Elite Dangerous players to join your friendslists, on Oculus Home or Steam (to keep track of when people on either platform are playing), and of course within the game itself.

My screenname is the same on all three as it is here. You're all welcome to add me. :wink:

If I'm online and in the general vicinity of your system, I'll probably be willing to wing up if I'm not already working on specific plans.

Currently I'm running a Viper mk4, and I don't expect that to change any time soon. Really love that ship. I never install a shield on it; I just keep the armor reinforced and the heat output low so I can go in and out of Silent Running with no penalty; basically I use it as a 300 ton stealth fighter.

My most common weapon loadout is two medium burst lasers, fixed (modded for efficiency. Plan to get the Kinetic upgrade on 'em) and two small cannons, gimballed. (modded for short-range blaster. Trying to get either Force or High Yield upgrade on them).

I've also been experimenting with two small gimballed pulse lasers (modded for Focus, IE 5k+ range and boosted armor penetration,  one of them can scramble modules randomly)  and two medium fixed multicannons (rapid fire).    Seems to be a pretty effective set-up.

When I do acquire another ship, it'll probably be a Transport or Explorer of some sort.  Something I can either jump really far in or carry a lot of cargo, or both, especially if I can outfit it as a more effective mining vessel than I can my Viper.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
859 REPLIES 859

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
If you look at the head of the threads on the Home page here, you'll see that this appears to be a general issue. I wouldn't give up just yet - Cyber says they are investigating the tracking issues.

Fortunately I'm still on a very uneventful trip out to Sag A (still 150+ jumps to go) so I don't mind giving it a miss for a short while.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

FrontierSupport
Adventurer
Hey all, just a reminder that if you're encountering issues please do send us a ticket and we can investigate any problems you're having. 🙂

CMDR Tronador
Frontier Support Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all, just a reminder that if you're encountering issues please do send us a ticket and we can investigate any problems you're having. 🙂

CMDR Tronador
Frontier Support Team

I want to REPORT having to still manually switching to Rift audio and it never stores last used Re-Centre info upon startup. The link for Support sends to me to make a BUG REPORT on the Forum but they banned me by abusing my posts just for being jobs worth. This is disgusting!

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

Drakkie said:

Anyone having Rift problems with the new Elitye: Dangerous update? It's all very jittery for me, while something like Prepar3D is smooth as silk. Oculus Home is smooth too, until the ED was opened (and closed) then it starts to jjitter too.

'Fraid not - I've just had a sesh and all was okay and normal.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

MAC_MAN86 said:

CMDR Tronador
Frontier Support Team

I want to REPORT having to still manually switching to Rift audio and it never stores last used Re-Centre info upon startup. The link for Support sends to me to make a BUG REPORT on the Forum but they banned me by abusing my posts just for being jobs worth. This is disgusting!
@Frontier_Support will you please address this and sort this out. The best VR game and it is not entirely VR Optimized!

Besides this, we want more VR starting with Head Movement to be followed as seen here in CAP2. Think about adding in the same Cockpit grab button to control the actual Cockpit Switches. Still a flat screen for the Commodities Market.Seriously, as a Lifetime Member I am seriously not impressed by the lack of real progress. This needs an update and is most due!

Also add my 10 Wanted List above please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNafEu_20ng

Anonymous
Not applicable

CMDR Tronador
Frontier Support Team

I made the ticket and we were able to isolate the problem to the AsRogService, which is part of Asus AURA (which syncs the leds on the motherboared and video card to external sources, like the temperature). Disabling that solves my issues, if anyone happens to find this forum when looking for a solution to the jitter problem 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
My fixes to Obsidian Ant's video on Narrative: - 
1. Whilst players do get added to a List of 5 Most Wanted for Bounty Hunting we would need to add them as Friends to know when in fact at least they are presently ONLINE! Plus there is no way to access this List in your Logs whilst away from the Stations. This needs addressed in both ways mentioned.

2. Allow Players to hold Cargo in secret locations (thus forming a Pirate Base but just for stash). For this they could store literally anything from Cargo to Mats to Data etc. This would of course be mostly stolen goods and I think must be in HazRes sites only for the obvious convenience a Pirate would use rather than the long routes Planetside UNLESS there is more gameplay on Plants which this may bring part of. Your SRV with only 2t Cargo Bay will make use of a Planet Stash. Other Players/Pirates may raid these and so they must be secret. This should not be accessed in SOLO Mode surely! Asteroid Bases at RES are coming!

3. Players should be able to hire Pilots (payment upon completed tasks) thus pay via Cargo OR a fixed limit of credits.

4. Allow invites for Ranked Players in the Navy to get invites for a proper Navy Mission. You supplied a set Load Out Ship based on Rank to be part of a Squadron (coming soon) and all set off from the Station, group Jump and so on.

5. Nothing should be so predictable. Miners may also be WANTED in other Systems so too should use KWS (I gave up as not enough room mostly and is lost time!).

Anyway it's coming but I think easy things must be sorted as my previous List of 10 above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrPoLxiMGMU

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Necro bump,
Looks like someone finally found @snowdog !  😛

Elite Dangerous player stranded for three months has been rescued
An Elite Dangerous pilot who was stranded in the void beyond the galaxy has been rescued by a group of interstellar breakdown mechanics. Commander “Deluvian” was stuck in space, 141 lightyears from the galactic disc players normally try to stick to, all because he’d sipped too greedily from one of his fuel tanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't been outside the Bubble yet lol, but I'll be exploring some time during the next few months and will probably need the Fuel Rats' services soon after lmfao  😄

Greyman
Superstar
as a noob explorer. i just stick to the KGB FOAM star systems, so that running out of fuel and crashing into stars is less likely.  😉