cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Charging Light Will not Turn On, No Response to On Button - Oculus Go

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my new headset, used it for about 15-20 mins and then plugged it in to charge while heading out for the night (charging light was on).

Came home last night and the charging light was off, with the power button not responding to anything.

Tested the Charger and Micro USB with other devices, which all charge other devices, just not the Oculus GO.

Any thoughts, ideas, tips here?

Thanks!

39 REPLIES 39

paridionblue
Explorer
My Oculas go will not charge or turn on, orange light blinks sometimes....
The battery was dead, so the device shut down, now it won't boot up, or even charge. I know others are having the same issue, but it seems as though no solution was given, what's happening? can you help me?

OcuNerd_666
Honored Guest
Just to add to the solutions, pressing the power and volume down buttons simultaneously and then choosing restart worked for me. 

hei_t_gao
Honored Guest
Oculus go reseted is not working.  won't turn on .help!

julien_champagn
Honored Guest
I always have the loading logo ! I try to restart it but it comes back!

Jamesthechipmun
Honored Guest
Hey, I was playing my oculus for too long I guess and it died. So I charged it waited 20-30 minutes. Then I tried to turn it on, it didn't work. So I plugged in the charger tried to turn it on, it didn't really turn on, the oculus logo popped up for a few seconds and then it went black. I've tried all the solutions on here, but I just can't turn it on

Postmoderno2
Honored Guest
Hi all , 
Same issue here , it looks like to me like some missbehabiour with the internet connection/oculus go android app.
I delete from android app the internet connection and start the oculus go.

Mine has stopped charging too. But sometimes I get a red light, sometimes flashing, sometimes solid, instead of the orange light but it’s not charging. Amazon is replacing it luckily because it’s still within 30 days of purchase. This is really bad that there are so many faulty units! 

curtis_r_helton
Honored Guest

csliva said:

Just got my new headset, used it for about 15-20 mins and then plugged it in to charge while heading out for the night (charging light was on).

Came home last night and the charging light was off, with the power button not responding to anything.

Tested the Charger and Micro USB with other devices, which all charge other devices, just not the Oculus GO.

Any thoughts, ideas, tips here?

Thanks!

I was having the same issue. No charging, just a blinking red light. Then the light would stop, and nothing. So, I unplugged it and plugged it back in. While the light is still blinking, I held down the power button. Next thing I know, the light turns solid orange, and it started charging! I hope this works for you! I've only had mine 2 weeks. I hope this isn't a consistent issue. The lesson that I learned, part attention to the battery warning. Don't let it die while you're using it.

simon_pilkingto
Honored Guest
I have the same issue. Won't turn on again no matter what length/combination of button presses and charger attachement.

enjoyit360bcn
Honored Guest
20 sec solve to me.