cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A decent first person shooter is missing

pabloescovr
Honored Guest
I mean a modern war first person shooter as call of duty where you can move around and turn 360 without necesseraly turn yourself.
Tired to kill zombies hope some one is working without free movement.
Hope someone is working on decent war FPS on Oculus Go...

Leave your opinions to encourage developers !!!
13 REPLIES 13

inovator
Consultant
.not likely. Buy the quest when available . It's much more suited for that

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

inovator said:

.not likely. Buy the quest when available . It's much more suited for that

There is another and so much better option  B)

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Nekto2
Superstar
Why not to play Outward in operaion mode?
You could play it on you own without other players.
An you will select map, level of difficulty and amount of enemies.
You could use quadrocopter to find them from the sky on big maps 🙂

But it is for Rift 😞

On Go you could try Doom like game "Legion ...". It is free.
And you could connect usb keyboard to Go with OTG and move with WASD keys! :lol:
And use controller for aiming and shooting only 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I don't think Oculus Go is good enough for such a shooter. Even the Rift with all it's power from a PC is stuck with a few war games like Onward etc. 

pabloescovr
Honored Guest

RedRizla said:

I don't think Oculus Go is good enough for such a shooter. Even the Rift with all it's power from a PC is stuck with a few war games like Onward etc. 

Capable is capable just need to reduce some details but you can do a shooter with alt space graphics...

inovator
Consultant
Not enough people interested to make that happen. People buying go in the near future will mostly have social  and media interests and maybe simple mobile games. People interested in shooters will go for the quest. Accept it and get your money ready to buy the quest.

falken76
Expert Consultant
FPS games would suck big time on 3DOF as opposed to 6DOF.  I.E.  On go you couldn't lean in or out, you'd feel gimped in comparison to a regular FPS on either a computer or the higher end VR.  Go is more of a media consumption device, so at least Netflix and the like will look better on it.

brandonbynum11
Explorer
You could download the "desktop app" (forgot full name..just search that term, maybe) and it shows your computer screen and you can play your PC games

brandonbynum11
Explorer
Here it is...it's $9.99 but it opens up a lot more fun on the GO... https://www.oculus.com/experiences/go/1261331807302580/