cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand tracking poor if two Touch controllers being used. Totally fine if sensors see only one.

Swemba
Honored Guest

I
noticed today my touch controllers where lagging and choppy. Both in
Oculus Home and in games.

If
I set one controller down out of sight of the sensors everything is
perfect. Doesn't matter which one. Both controllers work perfectly individually as
long as they are alone with no other controller in the scene.

I've tried
repairing the Oculus software, redoing all the sensor pairing and setup,
reinstalling motherboard USB drivers, and unplugging all USB devices
except for the Oculus Rift components. I also switched out both
batteries in the controllers. Everything looks as it should in the
Devices screen of the Oculus software.

The
only things I can think of that changed are that my GPU got a new
update (which happens every day with GeForce Experience it seems).

Anyone know of any thing? The rift is really only barely playable with one controller.

3 REPLIES 3

Swemba
Honored Guest
I rolled back until before the Windows Creator update and now the tracking works fine. So somewhere between then and now Windows update messed it up.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
If you look at the thread started before yours you will see that most of us found that the last win10 cumulative update KB4482887 seems to be the culprit.  You can go to your windows settings/update and security/view update history/uninstall updates, and get rid of it.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/73963/problem-with-latest-windows-10-2019-02-cumula...
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

falken76
Expert Consultant
Won't windows just download it again on the next automatic update?  I leave my machine on all the time so maybe it's different when it's off, does it automatically try to do a windows update when you boot up if there's a new one out?  Mine just checks every morning at 3 am.