cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video codec change?

chris_holt
Honored Guest
i have previously recorded game play video on the Go and could view it on my PC no probs. All of sudden, it appears that one can no longer view video on the PC that has been recorded on the Go. It says something along the lines of Codec not recognised. What gives?
23 REPLIES 23

noemis
Protege
I tried your workaround a few times... one of 10 tries I had luck, but this takes too much time for me. Currently we're not able to work in the same pipeline we're used to: sending small videos from the progress our app. This is very annoying, especially after an update, which should make things better. And this happens again again. No matter if the updates come from microsoft, adobe or oculus... there seem no big company in the world, which test's their updates with real scenarios before roll out. If they would, such issues won't happen.  😕

noemis
Protege
Today I got an update on my Oculus Go:

Version: 3.58.5.140881727
Runtime Version: 3.11.8.140481870

The app performance is better. But the still the video capture seem broken. First try was sucessful, but the second again could not be played back on a windows machine. No thumbnail.

fariazz
Expert Protege
I'm experiencing this same problem. Have tried the wifi workaround but didn't work for me.
Virtual Reality Mini-Degree - Learn to code in Unity and build 15 VR games and experiences

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

fariazz said:

I'm experiencing this same problem. Have tried the wifi workaround but didn't work for me.

Hey fariazz, if
you're having issues with the playback of captured videos on the
Oculus Go, please contact support at https://support.oculus.com
so we can help you out.Thanks! -Rick

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

fariazz
Expert Protege

fariazz said:

Hey fariazz, if
you're having issues with the playback of captured videos on the
Oculus Go, please contact support at https://support.oculus.com
so we can help you out.Thanks! -Rick

Thanks for your response, I have opened a ticket.
Virtual Reality Mini-Degree - Learn to code in Unity and build 15 VR games and experiences

fariazz
Expert Protege
The following solution, based on what customer support suggested to
me, worked for me on Windows, using the command-line and having ADB
installed and configured:

adb pull /sdcard/oculus/VideoShots/file-you-want.mp4

Files are copied correctly (with duration etc)

noemis
Protege

fariazz said:

The following solution, based on what customer support suggested to
me, worked for me on Windows, using the command-line and having ADB
installed and configured:

adb pull /sdcard/oculus/VideoShots/file-you-want.mp4

Files are copied correctly (with duration etc)

thank you @fariazz. Your post was more helpful than the @OculusSupport (standard ticket and dev ticket) the last month. This workaround helped me too... and not turning off wifi and restart device (see above).

fariazz
Expert Protege
I'm glad this helped! Just to make it clear, customer support suggested using `adb pull` to me, it wasn't my idea (the command they sent me had a  path that didn't work but yeah it wasn't hard to figure it out once they suggested this approach).

gamingsciencete
Explorer
Thank you to everyone who posted solutions here - just had this issue on the Quest, tried disabling wifi and restarting and it worked! Still wouldn't open with Windows Media Player, but opened in VLC media player just fine.

CrazyCorvo
Honored Guest
please any news on this topic? I am in the last OS version (7) but the video is still not playable in PC

update: Sorry , just saw this forum from Oculus Go section, I use Oculus Quest, but the issue is the same, VLC didnt work for me