cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving the pivot doesn't effect the pivot point.

Anonymous
Not applicable
As the title says.
I've started fresh files and had the same results.
Any suggestions?
8 REPLIES 8

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Possible you can give more detail or provide a video? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have the same problem. No matter where i put the pivot point, object still rotates around the pivots default location.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Added a movie showing the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried to add a video showing the problem as a video was asked for by previous poster but I't seem as I am not allowed to do so.

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
@Hellborn59 , Can you possibly send the video to medium@oculus.com and reference this thread? Keen to see more since we're not seeing the same behavior with our repro.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have sent a video to you. Made some more test and I come to the conclusion that no matter what mode i choose. If creating a new layer, no matter if I choose world, sculpt or object the layer pivots around selected layer center. Only way I can get anything to pivot around Sculpt is by selecting the Sculpt layer in the Scene Graph and manipulate it directly or around the world by selecting Scene Origin in Scene Graph and manipulate it directly as well. I might missunderstand how this is supposed to work but if I create a new layer and select to rotate in world mode I would expect it to rotate around the Scene Origin and in Sculpt mode I would expect it to rotate around the Sculpt center. And in object mode i expect it to rotate around the active layers default or manually set pivot point. 

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Thanks @Hellborn59 , that was definitely a bug. Thank you for sending! We'll work on it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greate 🙂