cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darker Color Bug in Medium 2.2.4

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I select the clay tool and assign it a color, it will create clay in a much darker color.  This bug seems to stick with the sculpt permanently - closing and reopening the app doesn't seem to fix the problem.  I've run into this bug 3 or 4 times, starting around 2.2.2, but don't have a reliable way to reproduce it.  It might have to do with using a custom clay tool.  I almost exclusively sculpt with custom stamps.
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
ah so it turns out this isn't actually a bug.  The problem is that when you create a custom stamp, it wants to use the colors from the original mesh it was created from.  Apparently, there's an option in the clay menu to override the colors.  I'll have to verify this when I get home today

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
I came over here to say just this! The option to turn off the stamp color is in the top right of the stamps menu, but we hear you - it's hard to find and confusing, so we may try surfacing this in the UI better.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I came over here to say just this! The option to turn off the stamp color is in the top right of the stamps menu, but we hear you - it's hard to find and confusing, so we may try surfacing this in the UI better.

I've also noticed you can tint it a bit (if you keep the colors), but seems like it multiplies towards dark really fast..  Would be nice if the feature worked more like a color/tone adjustment (lighten at top of color spread, and darken at bottom) when using existing existing colors.  Would be cool to be able to set medium red to a yellow stamp and end up with a medium orange, for instance.   If the stamp was yellow and blue, the output with a medium red selection on the color picker would be orange and purple, if that makes sense.   Stamps without preset colors would just do it the way you usually do.