cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strangest issue ever?

Guy_Sintrail
Honored Guest
Okay, this is an odd one. The other day I was playing Poker VR when I noticed something very strange. I was staring at one part and noticed a strange pattern. It was not the screen door effect. I asked a few other players if they saw what I saw and none of them did. 

I kept staring at it longer and longer towards the end of the night when I was about to go to sleep when I realized what I was seeing. It was if I was looking through a microscope and I was seeing something LIVING on the lens! I am not kidding, I am 100% sure what I saw was a living organism of some sort covering the entire FoV. They were tubular in shape and moving around, squirming, just what you'd see under a microscope! 

HOW is this possible?! Wouldn't there need to be moisture on the other side of the lens to support life? I assume it couldn't be on the eye side of the lens being that it was magnified.  

The next day I wiped the lens down before use with alcohol and they were gone. Still this freaks me out. I've only had the unit a few days since purchase, was this there before purchasing? Is it gone for good? Should I be concerned? 

On another side note, my Oculus Go is not sharp out of the center area, the sharpness declines towards the outer edges by a fair bit. No amount of adjusting seems to fix this. Though, with this issue I am unsure if it is a problem with my eyes or not, I have used glasses with it, but that does not seem to fix that problem. 
6 REPLIES 6

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
Are you sure that these squirming organisms were not what are commonly known as "Floaters"?

Most eye floaters are caused by age-related changes that occur as the jelly-like substance (vitreous) inside your eyes becomes more liquid. Microscopic fibers within the vitreous tend to clump and can cast tiny shadows on your retina. The shadows you see are called floaters
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I was going to post the same thing, it sounds like you need your eyes tested. I've had something similar just looking at a white wall in real life not VR.

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
I have had them for years!

It is really obvious if I look at a large white panel in VR....Up close, so that it fills my field of view. 
I can actually count em! 🙂
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

Guy_Sintrail
Honored Guest
That may be it, they look like this. http://news.ilmo.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/floaters1.jpg 

However the ENTIRE FoV was covered with them, they were touching each other, it was packed. Next day nothing, still nothing. I've never seen them before.  Thanks for the explanation. Still very strange to me!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Guy_Sintrail - Yes, that's exactly what I see sometimes. I get it all the time when I'm tired or have just woken up and look at my walls.

Guy_Sintrail
Honored Guest
Maybe it's because I was using it for too long. I was in game for 5-6 hours! lol!