cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Touch Controllers on Project Cars

JJAVOculus1
Honored Guest
The Project Cars - Game of the Year app comes up on an Experience search on the Rift site. Says it supports Rift. Does anyone know if my wireless Touch Controllers will work with the game? I hate to shell out the $$$ only to find out 'No'. Any help is appreciated. - Chris
3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

The Project Cars - Game of the Year app comes up on an Experience search on the Rift site. Says it supports Rift. Does anyone know if my wireless Touch Controllers will work with the game? I hate to shell out the $$$ only to find out 'No'. Any help is appreciated. - Chris

No touch controller support.  Actually I’m unaware of any decent racing sims that use touch controllers.

You can control with keyboard, mouse, game pad (like Xbox controller), or any pc gaming wheel (with or without pedals).

i have both pc cars (Oculus store) and assetto corsa (Steam store).  PC Cars graphics are pretty impressive but I prefer Assetto Corsa because I think it feels a bit more realistic.  Both are good racing sims imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

kojack
MVP
MVP
If Project Cars supports generic direct input devices (it should), then Auto Oculus Touch would probably work. https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/60220/auto-oculus-touch-v0-1-5-latest-release-5-sep...
It can bind touch controls to a virtual (no pun intended) gamepad.

It depends on how you would want to control it though. There's no position tracking at the moment, so you couldn't pretend to be holding a wheel. Thumbstick or controller rotation (roll or yaw) should work.

(Note: You'll need to learn how to write scripts for it to get it to work though)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

JJAVOculus1
Honored Guest
VR is life changing for those who never tried it.