cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@71st_Mastiff  Don't think that issue is what is causing this problem. I'm not seeing anything wrong in the logs though. I'll send you PM and we can keep working on it there.

Cheers!

xeno3d
Adventurer
Glad to see this app is still going! 🙂

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oh, it's going! Just a bit slow due to life in general being a bit rough at the moment. Got cool new stuff being added and fixes being made, so there will be a new release soon(tm).

xeno3d
Adventurer

Oh, it's going! Just a bit slow due to life in general being a bit rough at the moment. Got cool new stuff being added and fixes being made, so there will be a new release soon(tm).

Awesome!  I have been out of the VR scene for some time but have a fresh new rift and PC now, so feel free to msg me if you need anyone to test anything again.

mja00
Honored Guest
When I click the download button, it brings me to a 404 page for dropbox. Idk how to get around this.

mja00
Honored Guest
Seems to be a firefox thing. Opening link in chrome let it download fine.

Jerry_Cherry_Pi
Explorer
Does the update feature not work?  Every time I click it my mouse cursor starts spinning, then it doesn't do anything.  Have to force close the program and manually uninstall then reinstall new version.

MrDood12
Expert Protege

saq said:

Hey ApollyonVR, theres a new feature in the Oculus Debug Tool that would be awesome to add to the OTT, the FOV tangent multiplier. This lets you increase the rendering canvas size in VR which can allow you to get a better 16x9 capture for streaming VR, I use it for every FPV game and it would be nice to not have to manually set it every time I start Oculus.

we need this!
Another thing i would like is changing the selection to disable ASW to two different buttons. as that selection doesn't work when rebooting the pc, you'll end up having to select it again.
can we have two additional buttons? ASW on and ASW off?
if the user wants to make sure ASW is off all he has to do is press the ASW off button. just to make sure

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

MrDeath_ said:

saq said:

Hey ApollyonVR, theres a new feature in the Oculus Debug Tool that would be awesome to add to the OTT, the FOV tangent multiplier. This lets you increase the rendering canvas size in VR which can allow you to get a better 16x9 capture for streaming VR, I use it for every FPV game and it would be nice to not have to manually set it every time I start Oculus.

we need this!
Another thing i would like is changing the selection to disable ASW to two different buttons. as that selection doesn't work when rebooting the pc, you'll end up having to select it again.
can we have two additional buttons? ASW on and ASW off?
if the user wants to make sure ASW is off all he has to do is press the ASW off button. just to make sure

You can already control ASW on/off with the ctrl+numeric keyboard # keys.  1= off, 2= off/45 fps locked. 3=on/45fps. 4= auto, default.

I use this all the time to turn off ASW with sims like X-Plane 11 because ASW causes too many artifacts like wavy building windows.  I'm hoping that a new ASW 2.0 version will help fix this.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ApollyonVR
I'm running latest OTT version 0.85.4, but I cannot set the Oculus Rift to display the ASW and Performance HUD's. All HUD's actually. Also setting ASW to 45 fps, it still goes up to 90 fps sometimes .. it looks like the whole OTT isn't working.