Rift 1.36 Release Rolling Out Now — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift 1.36 Release Rolling Out Now

OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 209 Oculus Staff
Home:
  • Sound Objects: Fill your Home with sound by placing new sound objects. Select from an initial pool of nature, sci-fi and other sounds to add effects and enhance your space. Sound Objects can be found in the audio section of your inventory.
  • Gateways: Create an easy link between your own Home and other Homes with a Gateway. Place anywhere in your Home to expand your space and connect different themed rooms or public Homes. Find Gateways in the Special Items section of your inventory.
  • Performance Improvements: Miscellaneous graphics updates for improved performance with medium and low settings across devices.
  • New ways to share Homes: Share a link to your home from "My Places" in your profile on oculus.com, or your profile on the Oculus desktop app. You can also use these links to visit interesting public places -- start exploring now!
As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!

Comments

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,685
    3Jane
    1. When is ASW2 coming?
    2. Any problem to unblock CPU/GPU not on your "Special List" which actually do perform well and will be better than ever before after more optimisations?
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    @MAC_MAN86 have you raised your CPU issue using the UserVoice page? given that is the official way of sharing feedback and requesting new options complaining here about your CPU not being in the supported list isn't going to do you much good.

if you have, did anyone vote for it?

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
    3Jane
    Yeah, that's no complaint here but a question to Oculus. There still remains no legit reason for a Special Allowed List. No games besides Lone Echo force SSE4.2 to run it. You see, those it affected forced sales of new tech including myself. There was totally nothing wrong with the old Xeon. It was built to last decades by design and out multitasks my new PC by far plus has more expansion slots. So not many Users see these posts as it happens. I don't read through them either. As I said, it's not a complaint nor a moan but a question and it was never ever answered. For all we know it may have been updates to USB Drivers , who knows? Oculus!
    https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift/suggestions/36544543-allow-non-sse4-2-cpu-to-work-with-rift-even-though
    Wintermute
    sure, but as you've been asking the same thing here for a while now and there's been no response (and likely there won't be) then all you're doing is reducing the life of the micro-switches in your keyboard, and spamming the forum..

Ultimately, regardless of your opinion of if it should have been done or the fact that it used to work before but doesn't now, Xeon processors have never been on the approved hardware list so you're not going to get the response you want.

you might have to let it go.
    3Jane
    It's not spam. It's a question for future Updates and confirmation as to the block from 1.32
    I rather see you as targeting myself @kzintzi which is forbidden.
    Wintermute
    that's fine, I'll happily put you on my block list so I don't see your posts and get tempted to comment. thanks and have a nice day.
  • cercatacercata Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    You should update the "Oculus Rift Updates" page, it doesn't work like that, it updates whenever it wants:

https://support.oculus.com/1802104516741690/

Rift

Whenever there’s an update for your Rift, you’ll be able to download it in your settings.

To check updates for your Rift:

1. Open the Oculus app on your PC computer.
    2. Select Library from the left menu.
    3. Select the Updates tab to check for updates.

• ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 34 Oculus Staff
    cercata said:
    You should update the "Oculus Rift Updates" page, it doesn't work like that, it updates whenever it wants:

https://support.oculus.com/1802104516741690/

Rift

Whenever there’s an update for your Rift, you’ll be able to download it in your settings.

To check updates for your Rift:

1. Open the Oculus app on your PC computer.
    2. Select Library from the left menu.
    3. Select the Updates tab to check for updates.

Thanks for the heads up! We'll get that article updated.
  • SandcrackaSandcracka Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    Home:
    • Sound Objects: Fill your Home with sound by placing new sound objects. Select from an initial pool of nature, sci-fi and other sounds to add effects and enhance your space. Sound Objects can be found in the audio section of your inventory.
    • Gateways: Create an easy link between your own Home and other Homes with a Gateway. Place anywhere in your Home to expand your space and connect different themed rooms or public Homes. Find Gateways in the Special Items section of your inventory.
    • Performance Improvements: Miscellaneous graphics updates for improved performance with medium and low settings across devices.
    • New ways to share Homes: Share a link to your home from "My Places" in your profile on oculus.com, or your profile on the Oculus desktop app. You can also use these links to visit interesting public places -- start exploring now!
    As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
    How do I get the app to update?  I still do not see Gateways in the the Special Items section of my inventory.
    3Jane
    It roles out to each world region in stages so just wait.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 866
    3Jane

How do I get the app to update?  I still do not see Gateways in the the Special Items section of my inventory.

Normally you should get the latest Public update automatically within ~5-7 days of its launch, depending on your region.

If you want to speed up this process a bit you could try to do a Repair.  Normally this will install the latest public release but it seems to take a few days after launch for Oculus to update this.  For example, I did a repair yesterday (~1 day after launch) and it still kept me on 1.35.

For the latest public release (1.36 in this case) you are probably still best to just wait for it to be rolled out to you automatically.  If you still have problems getting an update in a week or so, contact Oculus Support and start a ticket.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
  • arby80arby80 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited March 8
    My PC will not sleep after installing the latest Oculus rift update. I had no issues prior.  Nevermind...  My facial mask was picking up the sensor.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,839 Valuable Player
    Strange.  I normally would have the new update by now but still on 1.35.

@OculusSupport please confirm that you have rolled out the update to Canadians.....otherwise I will feed your servers a LOT of PURE Maple Syrup. >:) :D
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,110
    Wintermute
    edited March 10
    Ok, not really helpful for our friendly Canadians around but from Spain, and before when I lived in France my native country, I still receive it as soon as Oculus create a thread to announce a new released version (I'm not doing PTC beta). Not sure how the roll out work. perhaps they can explain a little which algorithm is used here (not really a secret defense things)?

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

3Jane
    Ya, I still have not seen the rollout of 1.36 (not currently on PTC).  Normally this is a lot faster.  I just tried a Repair but this just resulted in 1.35.  

So, maybe Oculus is a little behind on this rollout?  Not sure if anyone (non-PTC) has received 1.36 yet.  Normally there would be a few comments/complaints by now, lol! 
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,019
    Wintermute
    I don't have 1.36 yet in Australia. I'm also not in any hurry to receive it. As usual there's nothing of practical use in it for me.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,987 Valuable Player
    Richooal said:
    I don't have 1.36 yet in Australia. I'm also not in any hurry to receive it. As usual there's nothing of practical use in it for me.

Although this was nice to read - I'd much prefer focus on those users trying to completely strangle their Rifts and video cards with max settings plus high levels of super sampling - well, maybe next time  :D

• Performance Improvements: Miscellaneous graphics updates for improved performance with medium and low settings across devices.

- We need more people to use PCVR, and getting more performance to users using low or medium settings (compared to high settings) is of course more important and a nice achievement. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • NeokinNeokin Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    I got the update on 07/03, located in the Netherlands. I usually get the update 1 or 2 days after the release. For anyone who didn't receive it yet, just be patient.
    No problem on my side by the way, I love using the new portals! I really feel like we are all in the same metaverse now :)
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,019
    Wintermute
    RuneSR2 said:
    Performance Improvements: Miscellaneous graphics updates for improved performance with medium and low settings across devices.
    - We need more people to use PCVR, and getting more performance to users using low or medium settings (compared to high settings) is of course more important and a nice achievement. 

Well, if performance is a concern (and it should be), make sure you haven't got the rainbow hands too.....
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74139/rainbow-hands#latest

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • VirtualAriesVirtualAries Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Home:
    I received the update today with ‘gateways’ included in Oculus Home inventory.  But I don’t know how to create more rooms than the standard Oculus Home.  The explanation on gateways above says you can connect to other homes “or different themed rooms”.  I want to create a different themed room to gateway to. Such as a bedroom or a game room for my house. How do I do this? I’m kind of new to the Oculus home thing, and not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I don’t see any options to create additional homes or rooms. I’ve only been able to find the option to travel to or gateway to other people’s homes....which is NOT what I want to do. 

Can an someone please tell me how to find the option to create additional themed rooms, AND how to gateway to them afterwards? 

I appreciate any help I can get. 

Thanks!
    3Jane
    OK, I finally got the public rollout of 1.36 today (Australia).  I tried a few games/sims today from Oculus Store, Steam Store, and independent.  Everything seems to work fine.  Task Manager in Oculus Home virtual desktop seems to show ~2% less cpu/gpu usage than 1.35 so def some performance improvements, but not significant enough for me to notice.  Thanks for the update Oculus!

Aside; Richooal, no rainbow hands for me.  Just the normal whitish ones.  Maybe you have edited your avatar?  I hear that sometimes this changes hands visuals.  I don't know for sure since I've never tried editing mine.
    Wintermute
    Home:
    I received the update today with ‘gateways’ included in Oculus Home inventory.  But I don’t know how to create more rooms than the standard Oculus Home.  The explanation on gateways above says you can connect to other homes “or different themed rooms”.  I want to create a different themed room to gateway to. Such as a bedroom or a game room for my house. How do I do this? I’m kind of new to the Oculus home thing, and not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I don’t see any options to create additional homes or rooms. I’ve only been able to find the option to travel to or gateway to other people’s homes....which is NOT what I want to do. 

Can an someone please tell me how to find the option to create additional themed rooms, AND how to gateway to them afterwards? 

I appreciate any help I can get. 

Thanks!
    this is a simple question with a somewhat complicated answer..

best bet is to start here - https://creator.oculus.com/blog/introducing-oculus-home-user-created-spaces/

you will need to know basic 3D Modelling to build your own rooms, but there are 2 themed rooms in the environment already - follow the instructions and you can get either a Theatre or Cafe.

• LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 453
    Trinity
    Ok, I love the new features! The gateways and Home customization make this app really close to what Rec Room and VRChat offer. It's not as fun as Rec Room, not as creative as VRChat yet, but it has way better graphics than those.
    I just really need the old avatar features (I still don't understand why Oculus got rid of those, they were great).

Also, I have a weird issue in Home: after some time spent in it, the screen becomes all fuzzy, like some very bad Dynamic anti-aliasing. I'm pretty sure it occurs only in Home, but I'll dig in a bit more this afternoon... Maybe it comes from my computer.

Now please, if you could make something else than Home, that would be great. Like, I don't know... unlock the rotation of the 3D keyboard, find a way to pin this keyboard in the app like the screens (so that we can use it in Virtual Desktop or Bigscreen), unlock the multi-screen feature (it says this experiment is "not available" on my rig ; it's a shame, it's my favourite feature...), drastically improve performance, finally bring ASW 2.0, .........
    Current VR results imo:
    - Great small apps. Great ports of bigger games.
    - Great VR-specific features. Not enough showcased!!!
    - Too many actors in the industry, the market is totally broken.

My hopes for VR next gen:

- Better ratio between visual quality and power needs. No more godrays and less SDE.
    - Full Body Tracking.

"If you don't mind, do you want me to take you there? Where dreams come true."
    3Jane
    edited March 13
    Now please, if you could make something else than Home, that would be great. Like, I don't know... unlock the rotation of the 3D keyboard, find a way to pin this keyboard in the app like the screens (so that we can use it in Virtual Desktop or Bigscreen), unlock the multi-screen feature (it says this experiment is "not available" on my rig ; it's a shame, it's my favourite feature...), drastically improve performance, finally bring ASW 2.0, .........
    Good points indeed! We presently need 3rd Party Apps for a good keyboard overlay and what's the master plan for all of this? A road map please! I think it far better we get the Store Lobby to be our meeting place to mingle with added Online Friends. It's supposed to be a social experience right? Adding the odd few into your own personal space will be obviously short lived!
    I did ask about ASW2 but was shot down by a clever arse. Still no answer from OCULUS on this. Provide a road map!
  • cigaremoodscigaremoods Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hello,
    why still no clock in the proposed objects?
    why does not the watch stay on your wrist when you're in the house?
    why is it not possible to classify its applications by category, they are in bulk in a screen?
    why can we move the bar from top to bottom but not laterally, you have to make it disappear and direct your eyes to a place before making it reappear?
    why one can not choose one's own music, import one's music as one can import objects?
    cordially
    It would be best for them to NOT disclose a “road map”. 

If they do and it doesnt pan out then you will be screaming at them about it which is unfair to them. 
    3Jane
    Wrong Plan to have no plan @Digikid1. A company does have one else they employ people to just sit around and mess about. They could just tell us how this is to end up PLUS take our feedback to satisfy both sides of the coin both for extras and how far this goes (Online Friend Lobby; better Smooth Loco; own music; Avatars etc.) vs. switches for stuff we do not want inc. Home/Dash; ASW; Battery Warnings etc. The very reason for all of this is the many disputes we should never need to raise on here.

MAC_MAN86 said:
    Wrong Plan to have no plan @Digikid1.

Please don't put words that I did not type.  I never said for them to not have a PLAN.  I said for them to NOT DISCLOSE the plan to the users yet.

• NeokinNeokin Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    3Jane
    edited March 13
    @Digikid1 please don't infer then that I suggested you did. I simply addressed you in converse upon the subject of a Plan (no quotes used mate). I've tried using that https://oculus.uservoice.com/ @cigaremoods and honestly it gets little interest from Users as it's hidden by a Link from the Forum Menus and gets overlooked. I've tried all that myself plus I always send Oculus Direct Feedback from the APP. I don't expect replies here because they ignore us as always and we are just sheep...1 of 1 billion that they wish to round up and throw at us what they decide and ignore and cries for features. Let's see if even that changes on here - NO! So on we go. More forum rants and upsets blah blah blah. It's just too easy to simply listen and act.