cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Game Pad Recommendations

JJAVOculus1
Honored Guest
I am using Oculus Rift on a fully loaded Alienware Aurora R7 PC with a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X graphics card. I want to play Project Cars and am told that it would work with a game pad. What game pad works with Rift. Need a long cable or wireless. Many thanks. 
8 REPLIES 8

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I have project cars and it works fine with my wireless Xbox s controller.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Digikid1
Consultant
Wireless Xbox Controller is the best gamepad around. 

JJAVOculus1
Honored Guest
I don't have a XBOX. Will the wireless controller work on my Alienware PC?

bigmike20vt
Visionary
the xbox one  pad will via wired usb connection
if you have one of the NEW xbox 1 S/X controllers (I would guess any you buy new now would qualify)  then if you only want 1 controller and your pc has blue tooth then you can get it to work that way - but will be limited to 1 control pad

if you get hold of an older xbox1 pad or you want wireless with more than 1 pad attached to your pc then you will need a special dongle.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant

I don't have a XBOX. Will the wireless controller work on my Alienware PC?

Doesn’t matter. Go to Walmart and purchase the controller anyways. They DO work with any Windows 10 pc as long as it has Bluetooth. You can also get a wire for it and run it that way. 

JJAVOculus1
Honored Guest
Thanks. 1 controller works fine as I'm using an Oculus Rift VR headset and single player experiences.I'll give it a try.

Digikid1
Consultant
Any reason why you're not using the Touch Controllers?

JJAVOculus1
Honored Guest
Touch controllers are great but the Project Cars app says it only works with keyboard/mouse or game pad. I don't have the coding skills to make it work with the T-controllers.