cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rainbow Hands

Richooal
Consultant
I put my Rift on today and was surprised to see that I had new hands.
My memory isn't really good these days, but I don't recall ordering new hands. These new ones look like cheap shiny plastic, and are rainbow coloured. The worst part though is, when you look at the part where your arm normally joins the hand, they have mirrors in there.

I'm not a developer, but I'm guessing we're wasting a bit of GPU grunt on reflections that we won't ever use.

Could I respectfully ask, how do I get rid of my LGBTTQQIAAP hands which allow me to reflect on life? I just want "virtually real" hands thank you.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.
8 REPLIES 8

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
No Rainbow hands with mirrored ends in Oculus Home for me, just the nice standard whitish ones.  Maybe you have edited your avatar recently?  Maybe this has an effect on hand colour?  Don't know since I've never tried editing mine.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Digikid1
Consultant
It's not just hands.  I've seen this while visiting other homes as well.....anything from rainbow clothes to avatars.  This is a bug and apparently has been around since 1.35.

Richooal
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

It's not just hands.  I've seen this while visiting other homes as well.....anything from rainbow clothes to avatars.  This is a bug and apparently has been around since 1.35.

Well I'm on 1.35 but, as I type, the update is downloading.

Edit: Just checked, still on 1.35, the whacko rainbow hands have been replaced with normal hands. So it looks like it is just a bug.
3 yrs of software "development" on a consumer product and no stable base. I wish I loved the doll's house stuff 'cos then it would all be worthwhile.

TomCgcmfc said:

No Rainbow hands with mirrored ends in Oculus Home for me, just the nice standard whitish ones.  Maybe you have edited your avatar recently?  Maybe this has an effect on hand colour?  Don't know since I've never tried editing mine.

No Avatar editing done by me. The rainbow hands came and went by themselves.

Digikid1
Consultant
Just got notified that I am also downloading 1.36.  About time.  LOL!!!!!!!

Richooal
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

Just got notified that I am also downloading 1.36.  About time.  LOL!!!!!!!

So, where are you geographically?

Digikid1
Consultant
Ontario, Canada

LZoltowski
Champion
Now I want rainbow hands. 😞
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Richooal
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

Ontario, Canada

Oh well, no pattern to the roll out there. I don't think Ontario and Brisbane are in any way connected.

Now I want rainbow hands. 😞

I would've given you mine if I could.