cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While Beat Saber helps cardio, Audica builds them shoulders!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Today we get the release of a welcome addition to the "combat music" family of VR titles. First there was AudioShield, then Beat Saber. Now there's Audica. So we've gone from making beats by: Blocking, Striking, and now... Shooting.

Something tells me that Beat Saber will continue to reign as King amongst the combat music titles. However, Audica is incredibly fun and will really get those shoulders burning without all the sweat!

I'm still trying to master the techniques, and can barely handle Moderate Mode. The difficulties range from: Beginner, Moderate, Advanced, Expert.

Here's a video of me trying one of my favorite songs from the current lineup:

92 REPLIES 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's Mike's review I seen last night. Although the price is much the same I feel due to just 10 Tracks and no way to add our own libraries it will soon get dull. Just 1 can be streamed due to copyrights so that's a downer for more YouTube views as well to promote itself. It really is time for a major Keep Fit title.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pNUSDLQLHY

Wildt
Consultant
Yeah, giving bonus pts for stretched arms is gonna build them shoulder muscles.
I feel BS should have something similar, so those weak sauce wrist flickers will be penalized vs. real arm swings.
Anywho, this game has a lot of potential, and on moderate the last songs are already making my brain act like a deer caught in the headlights with some of those beat maps.
Easy mode is for toddlers though. I fear the "expert" level! :lol:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Wildt
Consultant
The scoring system deffo favours mastering a difficulty, before moving onto the next. Even though I get 90% on "Advanced", my 100% score from Moderate is still higher.
The learning curve is a lot steeper than BS, but it's really rewarding when you finally get into the groove and ace a difficult section of a track.
I can see myself investing quite some time in this game! :smile:

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Yes I'm fairly addicted to this game as well due to the Mastery required to get those high scores. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that 5-degree angle difference on crazy fast swings anymore lol

Now it's about accuracy and memorization, with a strong emphasis on posture when armed with dual pew pews! That's more to my liking.

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer
Wow, that's hard, even on moderate! Can't say I like it more than Beat Saber but it's definitely a nice alternative.

pyroth309
Visionary
I'll have to pick this up. I have bad shoulders, so probably going to suck lol. 

Digikid1
Consultant
I didn’t buy it but I tried it with a friends Rift. Not nearly as good as Beat Saber IMHO. 

Wildt
Consultant
WOOP WOOP!
Custom songs are already here!

pyroth309
Visionary

Wildt said:

Yea I saw that yesterday as well, went ahead and picked it up.