cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you recommend your Oculus Products to others?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
After 3 years of mainstream VR and two leading HMD's on the market (Rift, GO), as we march towards the release of Quest I am curious as to how many of us would actually recommend an Oculus product to someone else.
65 REPLIES 65

No brainer.

Edit: and I already have... several times.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recommended to several flight sim folks, some of whom purchased one.

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
well i recommend it based on a few tweaks;

- face foam covered using 3rd party cover
- not too tight straps
- uses prescription glasses, again from 3rd party
- has gtx 1060 video card and at least i5 cpu, 8gb ram, windows 10
- buys and uses virtual desktop, along with some good games like beat saber, or free games like that french cartoon or henry

thats a few necessities there, out of the box i don't think so, the face foam alone is enough is a distraction. but once its all set up it can be nice to go to every now and then and be amazed at the beauty.

Anonymous
Not applicable
A bit open ended huh? LOL

I guess to expand this more - I would NOT recommend the CV1 atm until after the Quest release to new users or users that dont have a PC atm to rush out to get one for the CV1.

I would recommend a Oculus product if:
1) Its your first VR product
2) You want to save money compare to what is out there
3) Want a simple setup and play experience

I would not recommend Oculus if:
1) You are looking for edge case better experience in a area (either it be FOV, resolution, or super high end. There are better HMD out there in terms of one area or another)
2) Dont mind paying higher prices for edge case use
3) if your name was Atmos

kzintzi
Trustee
my friends and family (still) get tired of me bashing on about how awesome it is
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, but then now other manufacturers are bring out newer units my lovely CV1 is looking a bit dated... still a shame Oculus is going down the low hanging fruit market path of mobile VR... 

pyroth309
Visionary
I would say Yes with the caveat that you probably should wait and see what is coming over jumping in today unless you're going for the Quest. That said, if I were to recommend a VR headset to someone who wanted to jump in today and didn't want to wait, I'd easily point to the Rift for the average user. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Mradr said:

Not even a little bit. This would be open-ended,
"What do you think about Oculus products?"

I give 3 choices that are very specific, and you actually do fall in to one category; you just don't realize it yet! That's okay though, I'll guide your path, sugar bear.

I guess to expand this more - I would NOT recommend the CV1 atm until
after the Quest release to new users or users that dont have a PC atm to
rush out to get one for the CV1.

I was not asking about a specific Oculus product, but any Oculus product. This is a question about the confidence and trust a consumer has on Oculus' ability to deliver a quality product both now and in the future. Based on everything you may have experienced up to this point.

So you are Option 3, as you would neither recommend "for" or "against" due to the fact that there are strict conditions required before you can make a choice.

Option 3 is the answer you were looking for!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

Mradr said:

Not even a little bit. This would be open-ended,
"What do you think about Oculus products?"

I give 3 choices that are very specific, and you actually do fall in to one category; you just don't realize it yet! That's okay though, I'll guide your path, sugar bear.

I guess to expand this more - I would NOT recommend the CV1 atm until
after the Quest release to new users or users that dont have a PC atm to
rush out to get one for the CV1.

I was not asking about a specific Oculus product, but any Oculus product. This is a question about the confidence and trust a consumer has on Oculus' ability to deliver a quality product both now and in the future. Based on everything you may have experienced up to this point.

So you are Option 3, as you would neither recommend "for" or "against" due to the fact that there are strict conditions required before you can make a choice.

Option 3 is the answer you were looking for!

Point made though - its a bit open ended you could read into this into many different views. Aka, why even pyroth added extra to his answer:)

As for my answer - I gave good reasons to my answer to support it as an over all view. Unless you fall into the extras edge cases - you pretty much will want to get a Oculus product:)

I think sweet stuff we will need to talk about this more when you get home:)