cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Halo Master Chief Collection...on PC?

pyroth309
Visionary
Seems so and it's even going to be on Steam.... very interesting change of direction by Microsoft. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88VBun17AMI

The PC version of Halo: MCC will come in stages, with each game released individually, in chronological order, rather than all of them together in one big bundle. That means Halo: Reach will be first, followed by Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST (Campaign), and Halo 4. 343 Industries said that staggered scheduled will enable it to ensure that each game is "right"—emphasis theirs—with PC-standard features including FOV sliders, 4K resolution and ultrawide monitor support, adjustable framerates, and remappable keys. Beyond their initial launch, the games will "evolve and grow over time with community input," Microsoft said.

43 REPLIES 43

Digikid1
Consultant
I am a HUGE Halo fan so this is heavenly news for me. 

Yay!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it like a remaster where they will be upgrading the graphics xD? I mean I remember Halo, and it had decent ones - but today - they are just... bad XD hahaha. But OMG I love the games soo much ❤️ ❤️ I cant wait to play them on PC.

pyroth309
Visionary
Yea, I'm in the same boat. It's funny, the trailer came on auto for me from another vid I was watching. I was only half paying attention. I was like yea yea another xbox halo game re-release or something. I saw the IS coming to PC part and my jaw hit the floor...then the Steam Logo flashed at the end and I literally yelled get the F outta here. I thought I was getting trolled or it was fan made. Had to make sure it was on official channel and double check that it wasn't april 1st. 

But yea I actually have not played a Halo since Halo 3. I am extremely excited to go back and revisit them with a mouse and to play Reach and some of the other games that were well regarded. All I can say is, I'm a fan of Phil Spencer. 

pyroth309
Visionary

Mradr said:

Is it like a remaster where they will be upgrading the graphics xD? I mean I remember Halo, and it had decent ones - but today - they are just... bad XD hahaha. But OMG I love the games soo much ❤️ ❤️ I cant wait to play them on PC.

It says in their press release 4k resolution. I would assume they are going to at least give them a touch up. 
They did this about 8 years ago. I hope they touch it up again... would be sick. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtC2wKC_wmI

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I loved Halo, and Bungie's original work on this. I stopped after Halo 2 since I was moving out of gaming in general around that time. But his PC bundle will definitely become part of my collection.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
@zenbane you are in for a treat!. Mechanically Halo is the perfect FPS imo and generally each one gets better (not counting ODST) (that said i am coming from it as an FPS using a controller point of view, and it just works so well on a pad, no idea about KB/M)

the multiplayer on it is really good esp the co-op campaign but even the deathmatch is well balanced, and the story engaging for the most part. Halo Reach is up there with the best of them and that one is coming 1st, and again for the most part the level design is good.

IF I had some negatives..... whilst the levels are good for the most part, the "library" is dull as hell (but you will have seen that for yourself) and also releasing them each individually as paid titles means i am out. i would probably buy "the collection" but having been there done them all, I aint buying each one singly.  I get that it means not having to wait, but, they could still sell as a collection but released the games for free as they are made if that was the real reason (like a season pass)...

(oh and you can give ODST a miss... imo that was the weak point of the franchise. It was only even meant to be a DLC for halo 3 and not a separate title and it shows..... Halo Reach and Halo 4 are the stand out titles).

I just hope Halo 5 also comes to PC. it would be strange having the entire series apart from 1. The is the only halo title i have not played having given the XB1 a miss.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

pyroth309
Visionary

IF I had some negatives..... whilst the levels are good for the most part, the "library" is dull as hell and also releasing them each individually as paid titles means i am out. i would probably buy "the collection" but having been there done them all, I aint buying each one singly.  I get that it means not having to wait, but, they could still sell as a collection but released the games for free as they are made if that was the real reason (like a season pass)...

My understanding is It's basically going to be a season pass. You will buy the collection and then they will release games as they get done converting them to PC games. Now we know why Microsoft stepped in and put a stop to the Halo modding project awhile back.   :#

bigmike20vt
Visionary

pyroth309 said:

IF I had some negatives..... whilst the levels are good for the most part, the "library" is dull as hell and also releasing them each individually as paid titles means i am out. i would probably buy "the collection" but having been there done them all, I aint buying each one singly.  I get that it means not having to wait, but, they could still sell as a collection but released the games for free as they are made if that was the real reason (like a season pass)...

My understanding is It's basically going to be a season pass. You will buy the collection and then they will release games as they get done converting them to PC games. Now we know why Microsoft stepped in and put a stop to the Halo modding project awhile back.   :#

If this is true then i stand corrected and will pick up!!!... 
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Thats cool Ibought hall 1 and 2 for the pc when they used to release for pc.
still waiting for more gears of war though we only got 1.
WAAAGH!