cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Client.exe hangs at the loading screen with the spinning circle. Initial Setup

Razer1911
Honored Guest
So I went through the install and it all went fine, but once I launch the actual software to do my setup it just stays at the loading screen with the spinning circle. 
I've been through five uninstall/reinstalls already.
 Installed the patch to no avail.
 Booted into safe mode and uninstalled from there.
Deleted all files containing Oculus.
Antivirus turned off.
Let Oculus into my Exemptions list

Everything I've done doesn't seem to work. If anyone has the solution please help me out! Thank you!
11 REPLIES 11

CMDRMATT
Honored Guest
I am having the exact same problem! Don't know how to fix it!

AviB_IL
Honored Guest
Same with me 😞
Oculus support team doesnt know how to solve this problem!

You can use "oculus dash" by changing this file name: "Home2-Win64-Shipping.exe" to "Home2-Win64-Shipping org.exe" in C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-worlds\Home2\Binaries\Win64
and the software  atleast wont crash...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did any figure this issue out yet? Bought a brand new gaming computer for Christmas for my son and I'm stuck trying to lanch the app and getting the death circle.  I've done all the anti virus / firewall shutdown protocols, admin rights, reinstall and still a death circle.

john_tyler
Honored Guest
Same problem here - any help would be greatly appreciated

Athadox
Honored Guest
Also having the same issue here. Some other things that I heard work after doing some research: I've found that restarting the Oculus service using Oculus Tray Tool has fixed this issue. This also worked for someone else: I managed to get it to work though, by using CCleaner to clean the registry. I tried both and neither have worked for me, but feel free to try it out for yourself and maybe it could work for you. Did you manage to eventually get it working again? I am still having the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Athadox
Honored Guest
Posting a quick update because I just found the solution. I had this problem when setting up. Go into the appdata folder by pressing the Windows key + R and then type in %localappdata%\oculus. If that does not work (assuming windows is installed on your (C:) drive: type in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\OculusBy default the appdata folder is hidden so you would not have been able to view your logs otherwise.

After having found your Oculus folder, delete it entirely from your computer. Don't worry, it's safe to do so. I did so with mine. Afterwards you're going to uninstall Oculus from your computer. Restart your computer and reinstall Oculus. Here's where I'm assuming we all messed up. When choosing a file location to install Oculus' drivers into your computer, do not change the file location and leave it at default.

TL;DR Oculus drivers need to be in the C:\Oculus\... folder as it is the only path for other varying Oculus applications. Hope this helps some of you guys. ::smile:  

Anonymous
Not applicable
f20qm4egvxet.png

Frozen here.  Second attempt and not even downloading.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey SirToppamHat,
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with installing the Oculus
software. If you haven't already, please make sure any anti-virus
software is disabled. If you're still having issues, please collect
your Oculus setup log and contact support at
https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727
so we can help you out. Instructions on collecting logs are available
here https://support.oculus.com/172672339980954
. Thanks! -Rick

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Chump_Change
Explorer
Anyone else having this issue, try running a repair before completely reinstalling the software. I have had similar issues in the past that were fixed by running a repair. Just download the oculus setup file from their website and run it. there should be an option to run a repair.