cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to confirm your oculus account error.

shadsville
Explorer
After the update i now get the error message in oculus home.

Unable to confirm your oculus account.Please check your internet connection or restart the software.

Restarting does nothing.

Odd thing is i am signed in on the pc screen i can also see my apps etc in the headset but can't explore my home as it times out and i get the error message.   😕
25 REPLIES 25

AussieStig
Expert Protege
Guess it's them and not us at least, restarting the app manually does absolutely nothing. Notice as well, I cant restart the Oculus from the Beta page on the desktop app either. It just closes the app and that's it.

JoeyMarcus
Honored Guest
I'm getting it too.  Just re-hooked everything up after moving and I thought it had something to do with that..  You never know...   Guess I'll wait and see if it fixes itself. 

Epona0000
Protege
Here too -- also having issues with jittery video, even though i have a RTX 2080 (via an external HP Omen Accelerator Shell GA1-1000) . reinstalled the video drivers, and uninstalled/reinstalled oculus. Not sure if it's something *I* did, or if it's a windows or Oculus issue... very frustrating...(I'm easily frustrated I guess)  😞

misterX-
Honored Guest
Yup, same problem here as well - except that it hasn't fixed itself... Tried restarting the Oculus app, rebooted the PC, even did the entire "Repair" (re-install) option from the App setup. Disabling the firewall doesn't help either.
Just upgraded and re-installed my computer with Windows 10, so I thought it might have been something on my end - until I found this thread...   Oculus, plz fix?   😕

JoeyMarcus
Honored Guest
Update - looks like Apple is out too.  Imessage isn't available.   Has something to do with the verizon network.  https://downdetector.com/status/verizon/map/

Epona0000
Protege
it must the be the Chaos Monkeys...

RalleD
Honored Guest
I'm getting it too.

Ellenodale
Honored Guest
I received the same error about half an hour ago, asking me to check my internet connection. Connection is fine. As of about five minutes ago, I am able to do most things without a problem, but my home refuses to appear. I get black hands when I try to access home, with no wrist menu.

7:30 EDT am still unable to access my home and the store.
3/14/2019 logged on this morning...everything is working properly now.  Joy!

Babomancer
Honored Guest
Same problem, and my hands turn grey when I open the overlay menu. 

AussieStig
Expert Protege
Seems that it goes ok for a little while and then someone hits the wrong button at Oculus and hey presto, another issue to contend with. It is making it hard for me as a consultant to advise clients to purchase an Oculus when there is almost no extended periods of software stability to speak of. 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?