cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to confirm your oculus account error.

shadsville
Explorer
After the update i now get the error message in oculus home.

Unable to confirm your oculus account.Please check your internet connection or restart the software.

Restarting does nothing.

Odd thing is i am signed in on the pc screen i can also see my apps etc in the headset but can't explore my home as it times out and i get the error message.   😕
25 REPLIES 25

Epona0000
Protege

Seems that it goes ok for a little while and then someone hits the wrong button at Oculus and hey presto, another issue to contend with. It is making it hard for me as a consultant to advise clients to purchase an Oculus when there is almost no extended periods of software stability to speak of. 

I wouldn't worry about extended software stability, when Windows is the primary pillar.  Oculus seems to certainly be more stable, well, as stable as any hardware/software out there.

buzzclicks
Explorer
 :'(

letchadan
Honored Guest
Anyone get any news about that problem?

Madmatt2525
Honored Guest
Been happening to me all day as well. I opened a support ticket as I am unable to install any new apps and when I play anything in my Library I get the popup that my account isn't confirmed. Very annoying and frustrating, especially because there has been no comment from Oculus so far.

ravon4455
Honored Guest
yeah me too im in the uk as well internet is fine did go down last night im on vodafone broadband that went down last night thought it was a bill payment thing wasn't that i called them  as soon as i logged into oculus home i get that notification like so many others how do these bloody hackers hack facebook aint they got fekin protection for this i assume they havent  id like to stiring them up by the balls fuckers lol hope thay sort it out  soon

AussieStig
Expert Protege

Epona0000 said:

Seems that it goes ok for a little while and then someone hits the wrong button at Oculus and hey presto, another issue to contend with. It is making it hard for me as a consultant to advise clients to purchase an Oculus when there is almost no extended periods of software stability to speak of. 

I wouldn't worry about extended software stability, when Windows is the primary pillar.  Oculus seems to certainly be more stable, well, as stable as any hardware/software out there.

At least with Windows, and I am definitely not a fan, you can opt out of updates in most cases. Oculus gives you no such option. Basically we as owners, are at the mercy of their decisions when it comes to releasing updates.