cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home not connecting to internet in headset

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK so first of all, I am connected to the internet (how else am I making this?) and second, I can browse the home in desktop mode, but as soon as I put my rift on, this happens. It's not allowing me to play ANY games, and I cant obviously get into my home. I have done nothing to change in the oculus software, and I don't know if it updated on it's own or what. I went through setup again and nothing changed. I don't know what to do and it's pissing me off. Is there anything I can do to fix the issue? I also logged in and out and still nothing. iyebjzejl1lp.png
6 REPLIES 6

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
Same Here. Facebook is having trouble today. I hear Facebook is or was down , Whatsapp is not working and now this.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
On the CNN page they state that most of the FACEBOOK aps(sites) around the world have been haveing problems

Richooal
Consultant
This is less than ideal. You should be able to use your HMD to view content that you have downloaded, regardless of whether or not some "social media" site is working.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
I can still play my games.  You can start them on your desktop.  Just no multiplayer games.  I was in VR chat without any problems just needed to start outside of my home.

Eldraad
Protege
DTH Thank you for that bit of info. Been watching the Baby all day and now that my shift is over 😉 I was trying for some VR time but no go. I will give it a try. So that means that the Oculus Home Experience is not Local (stored on my PC)? That means when the internet goes out we are kind of left high and dry...unless they allow access to the Library in the dashboard without needing the internet.

Richooal
Consultant

DTH said:

I can still play my games.  You can start them on your desktop.  Just no multiplayer games.  I was in VR chat without any problems just needed to start outside of my home.

Thanks for that.
It would be nice if the error message suggested launching from the desk top.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.