cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you recommend your Oculus Products to others?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
After 3 years of mainstream VR and two leading HMD's on the market (Rift, GO), as we march towards the release of Quest I am curious as to how many of us would actually recommend an Oculus product to someone else.
65 REPLIES 65

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
I'd recomend the rift even though they have a few design flaws like the audio cutting off because of a ribbon cable, they should've made it like a welder's helmet with the tightening in the back of the head so it would've left the delicate parts and wires alone. The foam face mask should've came with what "VR cover" is selling, not that uncleanable foam. The rest is pretty awesome for the price and time we're in, hopefully we will see a rift 2 soon with these flaws fixed
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

Zenbane said

It's just part of "the internet of things."

The entry for the Reading Half this weekend needed more info than I've ever put into Facebook... Mobile phone number, next of kin/emergency contact number, any health issues, date of birth and your shirt size! (for a running T).
If you do any run in France, you even need to have a medical certificate done.

I don't get too paranoid about it and would recommend running.

goproconstructi
Honored Guest

kzintzi
Trustee

I haven't logged into my Facebook account for over a year. I guess I don't have a Facebook life.

Bookface happens to others
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Today I would not recommend buying the Rift as it's outdated. But I definitely recommend Oculus VR over HTC, Valve, or WMR, so if I'm asked, I would say: wait for the new Oculus products.
There's a very good chance I recommend the Quest and the Rift S, and I will with no doubt recommend the Rift 2 if it ever comes out.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Facebook and Google amongst others probably know what you had for breakfast this morning. It's WAY too late to start worrying about who has your data.  😮 😄

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
My friends and family always laugh at me because I talk about VR so much, but so far I have only got one more person to buy a Rift who was my cousin, but I'm still proud about that.

Also I have one more cousin and my best friend who both want VR but can't afford it right now, I am going to lend them my Quest once I get it so hopefully that entices them to save their pennies. 

I'm going to continue working hard to spread the word on VR and The Oasis that lies beneath the surface! 🙂
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
Yep, we're pioneers my friends, one day peoples will think of us as we think of the peoples who used to type in a basic language game in their atari , commorore 64 or TRS 80.
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

Epona0000
Protege

Zenbane said:

Richooal said:

I do have a Facebook account but it is only so that I could access a relative's albums, and it contains minimal identifying info.

I respect your decision to vote "no" based on Facebook's increased pressure for Oculus product owners to rely on the FB Social Media platform. That's an opinion that should most certainly be voiced.

That being said, Facebook has large chunks of our data even outside of Facebook. Including our usage of this very
forum. Facebook regularly buys consumer
online web traffic data from multiple 3rd Parties. All of our Internet
Activity is logged, sold, and analyzed to multiple organizations.
Facebook is just one of many who purchases this data. So even if someone doesn't have a Facebook Account, they still have a profile of who you are
and what you do online.

It's just part of "the internet of things."

ACK!!! Where's my tin-foil hat!! Save me @Zenbane!!

Though, honestly, I do try to minimize my *big data social* footprint.

cybernettr
Superstar
 I would still recommend it (mainly because I haven’t tried the alternatives) but I would be less likely to recommend it than I used to be after the poor treatment of its founder as well as it’s current owners’ apparent tendency to try to virtue signal and suggest what types of games should be produced for it rather than encouraging excellence and just letting the market decide.  I see this is threatening to lower the quality of the gaming experience in the long run.