Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully) - Page 47 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• xeno3dxeno3d Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    Glad to see this app is still going! :)
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 336
    Trinity
    Oh, it's going! Just a bit slow due to life in general being a bit rough at the moment. Got cool new stuff being added and fixes being made, so there will be a new release soon(tm).
    Brain Burst
    Oh, it's going! Just a bit slow due to life in general being a bit rough at the moment. Got cool new stuff being added and fixes being made, so there will be a new release soon(tm).
    Awesome!  I have been out of the VR scene for some time but have a fresh new rift and PC now, so feel free to msg me if you need anyone to test anything again.
  • mja00mja00 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    When I click the download button, it brings me to a 404 page for dropbox. Idk how to get around this.
  • mja00mja00 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Seems to be a firefox thing. Opening link in chrome let it download fine.
  • Jerry_Cherry_PieJerry_Cherry_Pie Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Does the update feature not work?  Every time I click it my mouse cursor starts spinning, then it doesn't do anything.  Have to force close the program and manually uninstall then reinstall new version.
  • MrDeath_MrDeath_ Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    saq said:
    Hey ApollyonVR, theres a new feature in the Oculus Debug Tool that would be awesome to add to the OTT, the FOV tangent multiplier. This lets you increase the rendering canvas size in VR which can allow you to get a better 16x9 capture for streaming VR, I use it for every FPV game and it would be nice to not have to manually set it every time I start Oculus.
    we need this!
    Another thing i would like is changing the selection to disable ASW to two different buttons. as that selection doesn't work when rebooting the pc, you'll end up having to select it again.
    can we have two additional buttons? ASW on and ASW off?
    if the user wants to make sure ASW is off all he has to do is press the ASW off button. just to make sure
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 850
    3Jane
    MrDeath_ said:
    saq said:
    Hey ApollyonVR, theres a new feature in the Oculus Debug Tool that would be awesome to add to the OTT, the FOV tangent multiplier. This lets you increase the rendering canvas size in VR which can allow you to get a better 16x9 capture for streaming VR, I use it for every FPV game and it would be nice to not have to manually set it every time I start Oculus.
    we need this!
    Another thing i would like is changing the selection to disable ASW to two different buttons. as that selection doesn't work when rebooting the pc, you'll end up having to select it again.
    can we have two additional buttons? ASW on and ASW off?
    if the user wants to make sure ASW is off all he has to do is press the ASW off button. just to make sure
    You can already control ASW on/off with the ctrl+numeric keyboard # keys.  1= off, 2= off/45 fps locked. 3=on/45fps. 4= auto, default.

I use this all the time to turn off ASW with sims like X-Plane 11 because ASW causes too many artifacts like wavy building windows.  I'm hoping that a new ASW 2.0 version will help fix this.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
  • fvdheide1963fvdheide1963 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    edited March 31
    @ApollyonVR
    I'm running latest OTT version 0.85.4, but I cannot set the Oculus Rift to display the ASW and Performance HUD's. All HUD's actually. Also setting ASW to 45 fps, it still goes up to 90 fps sometimes .. it looks like the whole OTT isn't working.
    Trinity

@fvdheide1963 Thanks, i've fixed that now i hope. So just re-download from the 0.86 link and try the updated build.

Cheers!

NerveGear
    edited April 2
    @ApollyonVR
    tried 0.86 link and installed it. A lot of new features, mate! Wow, didn't know what to do with them actually  :blush:
    However, I still cannot set the HUD display and I'm still wondering what's wrong. I'm using the Rift without Home (different from what you described in your release sheet), so that it's running without Home2.0. Any idea what could be wrong? The log shows that all is loaded correctly, but it doesn't show in my Rift display.

3Jane
    @ApollyonVR
    tried 0.86 link and installed it. A lot of new features, mate! Wow, didn't know what to do with them actually  :blush:
    However, I still cannot set the HUD display and I'm still wondering what's wrong. I'm using the Rift without Home (different from what you described in your release sheet), so that it's running without Home2.0. Any idea what could be wrong? The log shows that all is loaded correctly, but it doesn't show in my Rift display.

So, if you run 0.86 using Core 2.0 home (like most users) does HUD work ok?  Thanks.

Aside; not sure why you are avoiding core 2.0 Home (probably with a hack?) since this process will stop automatically when you run any games/apps?  Are you using a CV1 with touch controllers?  Thanks.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
    NerveGear
    I'll have to reinstall the Oculus software first to try it out with Home 2.0. Yes, i found a hack where Home 2.0 isn't needed to run the Rift with simracing. I don't use any other games/apps with the Rift.
    Trinity

fvdheide1963 I don't think that the Visual HUD's will show if Home is not running at all. Haven't used that hack/trick myself so cannot verify. If you can try with Home running that would be great.

Cheers!

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,791 Valuable Player
    @ApollyonVR
    With your expertise, would you say it's a doable task to somehow inject a fixed IPD into the runtime?
    This could be a fix for those with a out of warranty Rift with a broken IPD sensor.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    NerveGear
    edited April 3

fvdheide1963 I don't think that the Visual HUD's will show if Home is not running at all. Haven't used that hack/trick myself so cannot verify. If you can try with Home running that would be great.

Cheers!

Tried to reinstall Home, but I'm running into an install error, so i cannot install it .. I am using the folowing solution to run Oculus Rift without Home -> https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9odbvz/fixed_old_oculus_home_runtime_w_instructions/ .. try it, maybe you can find out why OTT isn't showing any info on the Rift display
    3Jane

Cheers!

Tried to reinstall Home, but I'm running into an install error, so i cannot install it .. I am using the folowing solution to run Oculus Rift without Home -> https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9odbvz/fixed_old_oculus_home_runtime_w_instructions/ .. try it, maybe you can find out why OTT isn't showing any info on the Rift display
    I had a look at that hack and it looks to me like that with this hack it all OTT is really used for is to turn on/off your oculus services.  Without home 2.0 and/or dash in background I doubt that OTT's other features will work properly.  Expecting ApollyonVR to provide fixes to this and similar hacks is unreasonable imho.  I'm pretty sure his current goal with OTT is to make sure it works properly with current Oculus Rift software (together with Windows 10 updates).  This is already a big ask and I think he is doing an excellent job trying to accomplish this.

fvdeide1963, if you do these hacks you really need to understand what is behind them and how they really work imho.  If I were you I would try working backwards a bit from this hack's instructions and try to get back to a normal core 2.0 home startup.  My guess is that you will need to uninstall OTT, then go back and fix your oculus services form manual to auto, make sure that you are in the correct (original, unhacked) Oculus folder, and try to start up your Oculus app.  If this fails then download the Oculus rift software and run a repair.  If all that fails you may need to do a Full uninstall of Oculus software and redo everything, including your Rift setup.  Maybe Oculus support will be able to help you do this if you contact them and start a ticket.  Good luck mate!

Just my opinion but most of these hacks are not effective and can end up causing more problems.  Using Registry Cleaners (blindingly) can have similar negative outcomes as well, esp. if you do not understand what they are doing imho.
    NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:

Cheers!

I had a look at that hack and it looks to me like that with this hack it all OTT is really used for is to turn on/off your oculus services.  Without home 2.0 and/or dash in background I doubt that OTT's other features will work properly.  Expecting ApollyonVR to provide fixes to this and similar hacks is unreasonable imho.  I'm pretty sure his current goal with OTT is to make sure it works properly with current Oculus Rift software (together with Windows 10 updates).  This is already a big ask and I think he is doing an excellent job trying to accomplish this.

fvdeide1963, if you do these hacks you really need to understand what is behind them and how they really work imho.  If I were you I would try working backwards a bit from this hack's instructions and try to get back to a normal core 2.0 home startup.  My guess is that you will need to uninstall OTT, then go back and fix your oculus services form manual to auto, make sure that you are in the correct (original, unhacked) Oculus folder, and try to start up your Oculus app.  If this fails then download the Oculus rift software and run a repair.  If all that fails you may need to do a Full uninstall of Oculus software and redo everything, including your Rift setup.  Maybe Oculus support will be able to help you do this if you contact them and start a ticket.  Good luck mate!

Just my opinion but most of these hacks are not effective and can end up causing more problems.  Using Registry Cleaners (blindingly) can have similar negative outcomes as well, esp. if you do not understand what they are doing imho.
    Yes, I agree with you. I wasn't expecting ApollyonVR to fix the problems, just hoping he would be able to see what's wrong. But yes, I guess the only solution is to fully de-install Oculus software and do a re-install from scratch. Then I hope OTT will work again. However, I cannot get a re-install of the Oculus software working, because it complains that it cannot complete the install because there has to be 12GB disk storage available. I have no idea where that comes from, since I have about 800GB left on the drive where Oculus is installed. But I guess I have to figure that out somehow. Thanks for your reply anyway. It's appreciated.
  • MPiresMPires Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    Wildt said:
    @ApollyonVR
    With your expertise, would you say it's a doable task to somehow inject a fixed IPD into the runtime?
    This could be a fix for those with a out of warranty Rift with a broken IPD sensor.
    If this is possible it would be a very useful function
    Trinity
    @Wildt @MPires Well, i would currently put that in the realm of "plausible". I do not think there's a easy "straight forward" way of doing it without somewhat "hacking" the runtime, but i'm not really the one for that mission. =)
    However, with the Rift S's software IPD settings i would hope there to be some light at the end of the tunnel once the Rift S is released. Hopefully those changes and settings might be applicable to the CV1 in some form. We'll have to wait a bit and see how that will be done.
  • MPiresMPires Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks Apollyon.

• FolkSongFolkSong Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    @ApollyonVR A little bug for you: In the voice command editing screen I have some commands disabled, and enabling them doesn't work. They just continue to say "False" after I set them to "True".
    Trinity
    @FolkSong ; Thanks buddy, will fix that (after the weekend) and get you an update.
    NerveGear
    @ApollyonVR
    Hi mate, I was finally able to re-install Oculus Home 2.0 succesfully and now OTT 0.86 beta is working perfectly well. Thanks for all your continued great work. The app is definitely one of the most usefull tools for the Rift!
  • digitalmonkdigitalmonk Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Installed the latest ott version and now none of my profiles are loading. Also the hud is no longer displaying. Been searching the net for hours now trying to figure out both issues but no luck. Any ideas ???
  • counterfeit187counterfeit187 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    @ApollyonVR did a clean install of Windows, Oculus, and Steam and now the Fresco registry tweaks and power management are grayed out. I decided not to manually install Fresco Logic drivers because Fresco and MS say that the build in windows 10 drivers are preferred. Does OTT only work if you manually install older fresco drivers?
    Brain Burst
    Is the default super sampling level supposed to be 0 or 1.0?  I did a fresh install of the latest version and it defaulted to 0.  Also the USB selective suspend says not available and doesn't let me select Disabled
  • counterfeit187counterfeit187 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    @ApollyonVR another issue I was thinking about is that if I let my computer go to sleep, when I wake it I have poor sensor tracking (because of the Fresco power management being grayed out?). The sensor errors and tracking problems can be resolved by: rebooting, signing out and back in, and I'm thinking possibly unplugging and re-plugging sensors, or restarting the Oculus service (I'm not 100% sure but I think I've solved it this way a few times using your awesome tool), so I was wondering if you could add a function that automatically restarts the Oculus service when the computer wakes up or the user has to sign in.  
    Trinity
    @counterfeit187 The Fresco drivers must be installed. A lot of users find that just using the Microsoft provided drivers works best, and no tweaks needed (and not possible), and some users find that runnig the Fresco drivers with the tweaks from OTT works best.

@xeno3d SS '0' and ASW 'Auto' are the default states. After you change the value it should be applied when OTT starts. When OTT closes, it will reset SS and ASW to default states. This is also what happens when you start/stop the Oculus service. SS 0 means OTT will not make any changes at all to SS, while any other value will be applied.

@digitalmonk Send me a pm with the ott.log and we'll take a look.

Cheers!
  • rhrazielrhraziel Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have some racing games that I play both inside and out of VR. Will my profiles for SS apply to them when I'm just playing them on the monitor? Would I just need to exit out of the Oculus tray tool app before launching the game to prevent the profile from applying when not using VR?