cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow Legend Voice Controls

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
I can't seem to get the voice controls to initialize... I check in Windows 10 and its recognizing my rift as a microphone properly, but nothing while in game...

This is a super cool feature, anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!
11 REPLIES 11

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
also, PLEASE tell me you can go back to an area... i accidental opened a green door in the 3rd or 4th area and it brought me to a new place and I can't figure out how to get back!! I still have much to do in the previous area!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Contact the developers here to inform them of potential issues:

https://discordapp.com/invite/PvJbHbH

You need Win 10 v. 1803 or newer for voice recognition to work - I greatly dislike updating Win 10, so I have an older version and therefore can't get voice recognition to work. 

Just in case: 

Check Windows 10 Build Version
  1. Win + R. Open up the run command with the Win + R key combo.
  2. Launch winver. Simply type in winver into the run command text box and hit OK. That is it. You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
Mine is updated and after restarting the game it worked while in the blacksmith shop but then stopped working when I went to next area..

Also, can anyone tell me if I can go BACK to na area? I quit playing last night I was so dejected..

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
no one else has run into any problem??

Alextended
Expert Protege
I don't remember the green door you mention exactly but in general you can't go back after specific and very frequent linear progression points. I too don't have voice working after it initially did work but I think it's a chore to have to say the whole text out lout anyway so I don't mind enough to investigate (though it would have been nice to have for the one-word riddle solutions for those doors since you can skip the dialogues even with it on so you could use it just for such instances).

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

JeremyC85 said:

I can't seem to get the voice controls to initialize... I check in Windows 10 and its recognizing my rift as a microphone properly, but nothing while in game...

This is a super cool feature, anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Can you use Voice Control with Windows in general? Have you tested it outside of the game?

MowTin
Expert Trustee
How are voice controls used in this game?
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer

Zenbane said:

JeremyC85 said:

Can you use Voice Control with Windows in general? Have you tested it outside of the game?

Yes, it works fine in windows 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MowTin said:

How are voice controls used in this game?

You can either click Text to talk to an NPC, or speak the words out loud. But the fun part is being able to barter with traders.

I've been in my room shouting, "50 GOLD!" and then the dude replies, "How about 42?"

And this is just a sneak preview of what's to come. I can't wait for full open-ended verbal communication with A.I. NPC's. There's another VR RPG that lets you cast spells by speaking them aloud.

The future is coming, and it's a very vocal place.