cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medium Crash on Start... Suggestions?

Stickjock
Explorer
Hey everyone... just getting into the Rift family here and loving it... Medium however is giving me fits... here's what I'm getting when attempting to start it (from the window app and from Home):

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later. (OVR75318303)

If this issue continues, please visit Oculus Support to get help.

Package oculus-oculus-medium-retail (ready) Failed to launch app. (1971014)

Have uninstalled, reinstalled about a dozen times now... GPU drivers are up to date... I don't have anything running like MSI Afterburner or the like... only thing that WAS running was my Nvidia Shadowplay but even get the error when I turn Shadowplay off... 

Suggestions or ideas??

Thanks in advance!

49 REPLIES 49

NobleMario
Honored Guest
Here is my Service log captured from when I click on the app.  I see warnings that I believe are due to the USB 3. hub I have.  I'm waiting on a 4 port card to replace the 2 port card I have in the pc now.

Stickjock
Explorer
Update:  New system built and up and running... native USB 3.0 (old system had USB 2.0 with an add-in USB 3.0 card) as well as USB 3.1... Oculus "can I run it" reports all items ready to go. Will be installing Oculus and setting up everything after work today... Medium will be the first app tested...

Crossing my fingers..

Sterling77
Rising Star
It happens to me most of the time - boot up rift and hit medium strait away - and it will crash - task manager and kill the lower oculus client - then start medium again and it will work. 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

MattHickman
Rising Star

HELP! Used to work fine, and just the other day started giving me this, Ive tried everything from reinstalling and updating drivers, restarting my computer, reinstalling medium, clearing space and nothing seems to work 😕

Can you post a DxDiag so we can see your system specs?

Stickjock
Explorer
Well... new system up and running... 

Ryzen 3 1200 @ 3.2 ghz
GTX 1060 6gb
ASUS Strix 350F mobo
16 gb DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaw ram

Oculus installed just fine... better this time around actually...

Medium is still a no go... tho' I've one more test to try.  I still installed the Oculus software to my C:\ and all apps to F:\ for space saving. (c:\ is my 250 gb SSD, f:\ is a 1 TB HDD)...

Will uninstall everything again and TRY having everything installed to my C:\ this time... 

As an aside... Robo Recall was the only other app/game I installed to test out with the new system... and OMG... knew my old processor was killing the VR experience but wow... huge difference...

Will report back if the reinstall works/helps...

NobleMario
Honored Guest
Mine still crashes.
Where does Medium determine the graphics card?
This is in my one Oculus_Medium.log file:
07/28/17 14:48:16 : GeForce GTX 980/PCIe/SSE2 w/ GL 4.5.0 NVIDIA 384.94, GLSL 4.50 NVIDIA

The System Information screen in Windows 7 shows the correct card:
Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

MattHickman
Rising Star
That info gets kicked back to us from OpenGL, we don't generate it. I'd suggest doing a clean uninstall of the drivers and update to 385.41. 

See if that helps. 

NobleMario
Honored Guest
Reinstalling the drivers has not helped.  This message shows in the oculus Service_datetime.txt file:
31/08 10:39:51.989 {WARNING} [ApplicationPackage] App oculus-oculus-medium-retail has exited with error: 2147483651

Does that tell you anything?

passghost
Honored Guest
2017, losing faith... 😞 I really had high hopes for this program.

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Hey @passghost, have you checked out the thread specifically for people who are crashing? https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/69965/are-you-unable-to-start-medium-are-you-crashing#latest