cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While Beat Saber helps cardio, Audica builds them shoulders!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Today we get the release of a welcome addition to the "combat music" family of VR titles. First there was AudioShield, then Beat Saber. Now there's Audica. So we've gone from making beats by: Blocking, Striking, and now... Shooting.

Something tells me that Beat Saber will continue to reign as King amongst the combat music titles. However, Audica is incredibly fun and will really get those shoulders burning without all the sweat!

I'm still trying to master the techniques, and can barely handle Moderate Mode. The difficulties range from: Beginner, Moderate, Advanced, Expert.

Here's a video of me trying one of my favorite songs from the current lineup:

92 REPLIES 92

Wildt
Consultant

pyroth309 said:

Wildt said:

Yea I saw that yesterday as well, went ahead and picked it up. 

Coolio! Looking forward to battling you on the leaderboards 🙂
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

pyroth309
Visionary

Wildt said:

pyroth309 said:

Wildt said:

Yea, hopefully it doesn't have as much whipping about like beat saber and I can play for score without my hands floating off into my guardian lol. 

Wildt
Consultant

pyroth309 said:

Wildt said:

pyroth309 said:

Wildt said:

Yea, hopefully it doesn't have as much whipping about like beat saber and I can play for score without my hands floating off into my guardian lol. 

Nah, speed is of little importance here - but precision and timing are.

pyroth309
Visionary
Tried a few songs, it's fun but at this point I gotta say I think I enjoyed beat saber a lot more. Zero problems with tracking at least.

Wildt
Consultant
Ive actually got some issues, where the hit detection on the disco balls is totally unreliable :angry:

Other than that, I'm 2 tracks short of 100% on all the moderate songs (incl. Weaponized) and then I'm ready for next difficulty ?

pyroth309
Visionary

Wildt said:

Ive actually got some issues, where the hit detection on the disco balls is totally unreliable :angry:

Other than that, I'm 2 tracks short of 100% on all the moderate songs (incl. Weaponized) and then I'm ready for next difficulty ?

Is that the ones you melee? The hit detection on the melee ones is screwy. I kept clipping through them with no hit. 

Wildt
Consultant

pyroth309 said:

Wildt said:

Is that the ones you melee? The hit detection on the melee ones is screwy. I kept clipping through them with no hit. 

Exactly - there have been numerous complaints about this, and the devs claimed to have fixed it in the last build, but they need to take a closer look at it I'd say.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I have minor issues with the disco balls as well. But nothing overly problematic. Hopefully they can adjust it more soon. I'm at 97% on one song, on "Moderate" mode. And I was able to complete it on Advanced as well. I tried Expert and stopped before my brain exploded. Holy crap that game gets crazy lol

Really looking forward to mastering this one!

Wildt
Consultant

Zenbane said:

I have minor issues with the disco balls as well. But nothing overly problematic.

I'd like to see that calm attitude when it's the last bloody thing ruining your "Perfect Combo" :lol:

kzintzi
Trustee
man, that looks awesome.. might have to buy it and have a go :smile:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.