cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift suddenly started being very jumpy

CyberLogic
Explorer
No idea what's happened here but it's driving me crazy.  Used my Oculus now for over a year without issue with my Alienware Aurora R7 with a GTX 1080.  Today I went to load beatsaber and every time I swing my arm the saber flys around the screen.  I reloaded into the Oculus menu in an attempt to reset the sensors and found that even my hands in the house behaved like this.  If I move very slowly it can keep up but the second I start waving my hands around with any speed they skip and jump around and often trigger the guardian sensor even though I'm feet from it the boundary.  I've tried two new sets of batteries, resetting the sensors (several times), moving the sensors, swapping USB ports, rebooting, reinstalling Oculus, holding the battery in the controllers in place to make sure it's not a battery movement issue (it's not).  This is in the same room it's always worked in without issue, no mirrors or anything that would be interfering with the signal.  I do only have two sensors but they are both in front of me and this happens when I'm standing right in front of them moving my hands so it shouldn't be a need for a third sensor in this instance as it would be behind me in this case.  I've exhausted all the solutions I've found in my searches, please help!
5 REPLIES 5

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
Read about the Windows update Bug.  FInd and remove the update from your PC. Or try unplugging one of your monitors.

CyberLogic
Explorer

Read about the Windows update Bug.  FInd and remove the update from your PC. Or try unplugging one of your monitors.

Thank you!  Any chance you can provide a link to what update you are referring to?  I just did a check for windows update oculus bug and found nothing recent, just things from early 2018 that oculus apparently fixed some time ago.  

CyberLogic
Explorer
Think i found it, Windows update KB4482887... uninstalling now.  Thank you Swifty!

Edit: Yep that did it, much thanks Swifty!

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
Yeah that's the one. I'm on Insider Preview so i'm sort of screwed and the update isn't even listed for me. Bug has to do with having 2 monitors with different refresh rates plugged in at the same time.  I had to unplug a monitor to get my Rift working.  Silly fix if you ask me but it works. Waiting for Microsoft to fix this so it might be another month.

kaanumay
Honored Guest
Same problem here. When im using one controller there is no problem but when i use two controller at same time my hands start flying around. Thats the video i take: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fjHha9wOyY
I can't uninstall the update because im on insider too. We must feedback to microsoft for solve this problem. 😕

Edit: Microsoft was fixed this on version 18358.1 (Tried now)