Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brace yourselves: Official Rift-S reveal is coming

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Oculus Rift S PC VR Headset Set For GDC 2019 Reveal

An email sent to Oculus developers by Facebook suggests ‘Rift S’ will be formally revealed at GDC 2019.

UploadVR confirmed with multiple people the email mentions ‘Rift S’ alongside ‘Oculus Go’ and ‘Oculus Quest’. This suggests we should expect a formal announcement in the near future of the PC-based VR headset succeeding Oculus Rift.

And this all begins THIS MONDAY. Hopefully the rumor-mill will prove true this time.

Also note that Oculus is scheduled to be involved in at least 9 different sessions; you can get the full list of GDC here:

https://schedule.gdconf.com/

Down the Rabbit Hole with Oculus Quest (Presented by Oculus)
https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/down-the-rabbit-hole-with-oculus-quest-presented-by-oculus/86560...

Creating Realistic Acoustics with Oculus Audio Propagation (Presented by Oculus)
https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/creating-realistic-acoustics-with-oculus-audio-propagation-prese...

1,078 REPLIES 1,078

pyroth309
Visionary

A Quick reminder that "Fixing" other peoples comments by quoting them then changing the content is now allowed. Thanks.

Ah didn't realize my bad. I will remove. 

HiThere_
Superstar
For a critical upgrade I'd want eye tracking, because then you can
have a wide FOV, using a single big screen instead of two screens,
without sacrificing pixel density, without requiring a huge GPU upgrade,
and without all the physical IPD slider hardware making things heavier
and more complicated then they should be.

As for what we're getting : I just hope it's not another child sized headset, like my toy CV1  🙂

HiThere_
Superstar

A Quick reminder that "Fixing" other peoples comments by quoting them then changing the content is now allowed. Also I'm gay.

If you say so.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

A Quick reminder that Shadowmask72 is awesome and you should listen to what he says. Thanks.

Hehe. >:)

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

LZoltowski
Champion
Ahem! ...

My wallet is ready for the Quest ... can't wait for tomorrow!

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

bigmike20vt
Visionary

A Quick reminder that "Fixing" other peoples comments by quoting them then changing the content is now allowed. Thanks.

Honestly I don't really care but why on god's green earth would you do this? Changing rules to allow this is one of the most bone headed decisions I have seen on a forum. No offence meant but it really pisses me of when people deliberately alter the meaning of my posts by miss quoting.

Edit after 3 hrs sleep last night am wondering if I missed sonething?
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

inovator
Consultant
I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas! I hate the sensors and set up. I love using the rift but I find myself lately using my Playstation vr more and only using the rift only on weekends.

LZoltowski
Champion

Honestly I don't really care but why on god's green earth would you do this? Changing rules to allow this is one of the most bone headed decisions I have seen on a forum. No offence meant but it really pisses me of when people deliberately alter the meaning of my posts by miss quoting.

Edit after 3 hrs sleep last night am wondering if I missed sonething?

It should have said NOT allowed, I have butter fingers.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I actually read that as not lol 😮 😄

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Same, didn’t see the now until it was pointed out. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo