Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brace yourselves: Official Rift-S reveal is coming

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Oculus Rift S PC VR Headset Set For GDC 2019 Reveal

An email sent to Oculus developers by Facebook suggests ‘Rift S’ will be formally revealed at GDC 2019.

UploadVR confirmed with multiple people the email mentions ‘Rift S’ alongside ‘Oculus Go’ and ‘Oculus Quest’. This suggests we should expect a formal announcement in the near future of the PC-based VR headset succeeding Oculus Rift.

And this all begins THIS MONDAY. Hopefully the rumor-mill will prove true this time.

Also note that Oculus is scheduled to be involved in at least 9 different sessions; you can get the full list of GDC here:

https://schedule.gdconf.com/

Down the Rabbit Hole with Oculus Quest (Presented by Oculus)
https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/down-the-rabbit-hole-with-oculus-quest-presented-by-oculus/86560...

Creating Realistic Acoustics with Oculus Audio Propagation (Presented by Oculus)
https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/creating-realistic-acoustics-with-oculus-audio-propagation-prese...

1,078 REPLIES 1,078

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

nalex66 said:

Same, didn’t see the now until it was pointed out. 

The same actually, hence my post. Funny how the brain sees and interprets things (fills in the blanks) sometimes.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

Guys, all funny replies but let's NOW edit people's comments NOT! Thanks.

NOW or NOT I am really confused.

:s 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
OK, well erm...back on topic, what time can we expect announcements today?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I believe everything gets underway in about 6 hours of this post! They are on California time, and it's just after 2am over there right at this moment.

A new rumor just popped up:
Beat Saber is all but confirmed for Oculus Quest

Anonymous
Not applicable

kojack said:

Hugo Barra says they are "dropping some exciting oculus news" at 8am PT.
(Which is 1am tuesday for me)

Oh man I will be on golf course, well gives me something to look forward to when I get back.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

A Quick reminder that "Fixing" other peoples comments by quoting them then changing the content is now allowed. Thanks.

Honestly I don't really care but why on god's green earth would you do this? Changing rules to allow this is one of the most bone headed decisions I have seen on a forum. No offence meant but it really pisses me of when people deliberately alter the meaning of my posts by miss quoting.

Edit after 3 hrs sleep last night am wondering if I missed sonething?

It should have said NOT allowed, I have butter fingers.

phew.. thanks 🙂 i did wonder if that was the case after posting, hence my edit....  like i said after 3 hrs sleep i was even more easily triggered for a moan than usual 😄
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
EXCITING DAY FOLKS!! VR STUFFFFFFFFFFF IS COMINGGGGG!!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

EXCITING DAY FOLKS!! VR STUFFFFFFFFFFF IS COMINGGGGG!!

I sure hope so. As a hard core combat flight sim enthusiast, I have resisted to temptation that many others have given in to in regards to other higher res displays out there now, in hopes for a better Rift to come. Built this new i9 9900k 2080 Ti rig in anticipation of it. Many that did jump ship are struggling to get any level of acceptable performance out of some of those devices. Hopefully Oculus will do it right.
I do hope the time is near. 

I have been hanging my hat on Oculus and hope it pays off soon. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

A new rumor just popped up:
Beat Saber is all but confirmed for Oculus Quest

Thought it was already 😮

Zenbane said:

... and I'm back.

So, now even Oculus is teasing us with hype train rumors! I like it.

GDC starts this week at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, and we. are. pumped. Game devs and gamers alike will get hands-on with Oculus Quest, we’ll share some brand-new Rift demos, and we may just have an announcement or two up our sleeves...

Be sure to stay tuned to the blog this week—it’s gonna be a good one.

https://www.oculus.com/blog/oculus-at-gdc-2019-oculus-quest-rift-demos-and-more/

lol "we may just have an announcement or two up our sleeves..." Man you can take that in soo many ways!! LOL I hate it. I have a feeling its software related than hardware xD but lets hope for both!?

My bet:
1) Release date for Quest
2) A big title release from a well known company
3) Maybe talk about Rift-S