Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brace yourselves: Official Rift-S reveal is coming

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Oculus Rift S PC VR Headset Set For GDC 2019 Reveal

An email sent to Oculus developers by Facebook suggests ‘Rift S’ will be formally revealed at GDC 2019.

UploadVR confirmed with multiple people the email mentions ‘Rift S’ alongside ‘Oculus Go’ and ‘Oculus Quest’. This suggests we should expect a formal announcement in the near future of the PC-based VR headset succeeding Oculus Rift.

And this all begins THIS MONDAY. Hopefully the rumor-mill will prove true this time.

Also note that Oculus is scheduled to be involved in at least 9 different sessions; you can get the full list of GDC here:

https://schedule.gdconf.com/

Down the Rabbit Hole with Oculus Quest (Presented by Oculus)
https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/down-the-rabbit-hole-with-oculus-quest-presented-by-oculus/86560...

Creating Realistic Acoustics with Oculus Audio Propagation (Presented by Oculus)
https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/creating-realistic-acoustics-with-oculus-audio-propagation-prese...

1,078 REPLIES 1,078

LZoltowski
Champion
Quest Launch and Orders today for sure? ... I mean they are really hyping it up on twitter. "Quest Countdown"

vwbjaexsujgx.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Am driving all afternoon and not sure there's wifi at the home I'm staying tonight. Will be checking in here on my crappy little old iPhone.later. there'll bi big news though... big news.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
If Quest pre-orders are announced today, I'm fk'ing ordering! My credit card is polished and ready.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Mradr said:

Zenbane said:

A new rumor just popped up:
Beat Saber is all but confirmed for Oculus Quest

Thought it was already 😮

Not confirmed. People were hoping and speculating. But today a video was leaked showing it. The new video popped up in the last 12 hours or so.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

Mradr said:

Zenbane said:

A new rumor just popped up:
Beat Saber is all but confirmed for Oculus Quest

Thought it was already 😮

Not confirmed. People were hoping and speculating. But today a video was leaked showing it. The new video popped up in the last 12 hours or so.

Oh I Swear I saw images and video almost a month back XD there was a random video on youtube that pop up with them using it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

If Quest pre-orders are announced today, I'm fk'ing ordering! My credit card is polished and ready.

same ready to go sweetie 😄

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Mradr said:
Oh I Swear I saw images and video almost a month back XD there was a random video on youtube that pop up with them using it.

Links?

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Does anyone think there is any chance at all that Rift S will be a "mode" for quest?

ie plug a DP or HDMI cable into quest and it enters Rift Static mode?
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

Mradr said:

Links?

I have to find them again - think it was posted some where on roadtovr in the comment section.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone think there is any chance at all that Rift S will be a "mode" for quest?

ie plug a DP or HDMI cable into quest and it enters Rift Static mode?

Again - from the images floating around - no one saw any way to connect a cable like that to the device. Unless its a super last min addon - the answer is most likely no or not for this version at least. I be happy if that was the case though. It give Quest actually some really good value in terms of future proofing it self just a bit. Hands down then Quest would be a really amazing product - or even a CV1 replacement - but that also might be why it doesnt. They dont want to mucky the water with a device that can do both when they could have two different products for that.