Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat Saber surpasses 1 million sold copies

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
More here:

https://uploadvr.com/beat-saber-one-million-copies/

Probably a milestone for VR gaming!

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

9 REPLIES 9

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
Playing the New Songs today! If it wasn't for me it would only be 999,999 copies! :wink:

pyroth309
Visionary
I jumped in today to check out the new patch after you linked this, The campaign is cool, I liked it. It's super easy for me but it was chill and enjoyable.

Alextended
Expert Protege
Would be interesting to see platform % breakdown (as in PC vs PS4, not each separate brand of HMD considering any good product can play any VR PC game these days, whether officially or with third party apps and I feel in the future things will become even more open, I mean, even HTC is opening its store to other brands and I think it's only a matter of time before Oculus does the same thing, especially when most of their income is from software sales rather than HMD sets - on PC that is, I'm sure Quest will be profitable as a stand alone platform of its own, though I hope we get the Quest games on PC).

Digikid1
Consultant
Hmm....not liking this update at all. They changed a lot of the UI and the environment. The sabers now look like rods now as well. 

The so called campaign mode is nothing special either. Just makes you go through solo mode more or less. 

Disappointing. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe it will surpass 2million when it's released 😉
It needs auto creation for own songs. All those KPOP are on Expert or Hard only!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I love the idea of getting to use two lightsabers, but I greatly dislike rhythm games. 

Now why don't the Beat Saber devs get into bed with Ready At Dawn and let me use two lightsabers to clean up a giant spaceship filled with alien scum?  😄

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Nekto2
Superstar

... I think it's only a matter of time before Oculus does the same thing, especially when most of their income is from software sales rather than HMD sets ...

They already do.
Samsung GearVR is a different brand.
And for PC you could use Revive library and Vive with Oculus store. It is not official so they will not answer support questions if something is not working with Vive. But they are not blocking it (it is possible and they have shown that they can do this but will not for now).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it a milestone though? Didn't someone from Oculus say a while back that several games had sold over a million? Or was that games making over a million dollars in sales..? I can't remember.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Beat Saber just jumped to v. 1.0 - which of course happened by total coincidence when Quest and Rift-S launched  😄 The price is now $30  B)

? Beat Saber v1.0.0 released! ?

21 MAY @ 11:41PM - MISHI
Hey players!

We finally made it out of Early Access! Does it mean we are done with the game? Not at all! This is just the beginning and we have big plans with Beat Saber. We have many new stuff getting ready for you and coming this year: awesome free levels, downloadable Music Packs and new features. Stay tuned!

But let's focus on today's update. What's in?
  • Level Editor
  • New graphic settings.
  • One Saber levels for all OST1 and OST2 songs.
  • More realistic lighting.
  • Smaller bomb colliders. Bombs also turn off when they are behind you.
  • New precise scoring system.
  • Tweaked environments.
  • Few UI design changes and optimisations.
  • Tons of performance optimisations and small bug fixes.
Enjoy and thank you for being part of our journey. It has been an amazing year in your company and we are looking forward to seeing what's coming next!