cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A decent first person shooter is missing

pabloescovr
Honored Guest
I mean a modern war first person shooter as call of duty where you can move around and turn 360 without necesseraly turn yourself.
Tired to kill zombies hope some one is working without free movement.
Hope someone is working on decent war FPS on Oculus Go...

Leave your opinions to encourage developers !!!
13 REPLIES 13

inovator
Consultant
Stop with the fps on go already. Save your allowance and buy a quest for that. Geech! if your broke save a dollar a day and you will be gold in1.5 years

jayhawk
Superstar

falken76 said:

FPS games would suck big time on 3DOF as opposed to 6DOF.  I.E.  On go you couldn't lean in or out, you'd feel gimped in comparison to a regular FPS on either a computer or the higher end VR.  Go is more of a media consumption device, so at least Netflix and the like will look better on it.

3DOF sucks big time as opposed to 6DOF period.

falken76
Expert Consultant

jayhawk said:

falken76 said:

FPS games would suck big time on 3DOF as opposed to 6DOF.  I.E.  On go you couldn't lean in or out, you'd feel gimped in comparison to a regular FPS on either a computer or the higher end VR.  Go is more of a media consumption device, so at least Netflix and the like will look better on it.

3DOF sucks big time as opposed to 6DOF period.

I don't even know what VR I would find acceptable in 3DOF honestly.  Maybe watching tv or movies....  But I don't like the idea of having a box strapped to my face to watch media.

Phaserlight
Heroic Explorer
Would you consider Descent a first person shooter?

If so, you may want to check out Vendetta Online; a couple people have said they use their Go for little else, gaming-wise.

You have to really consider your momentum, and the control scheme affords six degrees of freedom (but not the view point on the Go or GVR, obviously).

So, not so much like CoD, more like a 3D Escape Velocity in a persistent online galaxy.