Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brace yourselves: Official Rift-S reveal is coming

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Oculus Rift S PC VR Headset Set For GDC 2019 Reveal

An email sent to Oculus developers by Facebook suggests ‘Rift S’ will be formally revealed at GDC 2019.

UploadVR confirmed with multiple people the email mentions ‘Rift S’ alongside ‘Oculus Go’ and ‘Oculus Quest’. This suggests we should expect a formal announcement in the near future of the PC-based VR headset succeeding Oculus Rift.

And this all begins THIS MONDAY. Hopefully the rumor-mill will prove true this time.

Also note that Oculus is scheduled to be involved in at least 9 different sessions; you can get the full list of GDC here:

https://schedule.gdconf.com/

Down the Rabbit Hole with Oculus Quest (Presented by Oculus)
https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/down-the-rabbit-hole-with-oculus-quest-presented-by-oculus/86560...

Creating Realistic Acoustics with Oculus Audio Propagation (Presented by Oculus)
https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/creating-realistic-acoustics-with-oculus-audio-propagation-prese...

1,078 REPLIES 1,078

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Anyone logged in to youtube? Come chat!

npiaxr0smy8k.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
I saw you

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I saw your comment roll by in the chat as well. I was trying to keep an eye on that YouTube livestream, but if it's just some guy reading the news to us from his bedroom, I don't see much point (can't easily listen to audio right now).

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Yeah bored of him now.....
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Aekero
Heroic Explorer
it's obviously mostly speculation but I'll eat my imaginary hat if they don't announce the s at this conference! I'm really hoping for a decent res bump now considering hps announced headset..

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Yup my money is on S
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
2 more minutes until...

the next countdown

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I'm refreshing UploadVR, since they tweeted that they'll have the secret news at 8 PT (in about a minute).

LZoltowski
Champion
RIFT S! 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
2560x1440 LCD (same screen as Go), 80 Hz, same lenses as Go and Quest, 5 cameras, $399, spring 2019 release. Halo-style headstrap like PSVR, strap speakers like Quest, no Constellation compatibility, longer cable (5 m), DisplayPort instead of HDMI, passthrough mode to see your surroundings through the cameras.

The single screen and no physical IPD adjustment is disappointing to me--the Go lens spacing is a little too narrow for my wide IPD (a little over 70 mm).