cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for travel vr content

mrrifterdudeguy
Honored Guest
I am relatively new to the Oculus GO and I am interested in how best to  find immersive travel vr content. I’ve looked in the oculus store but there are just so many apps and I don’t see anyway to create filters for immersive  travel vr content.
  I would appreciate any and all feedback concerning this.
   Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

edmg
Trustee
There's an unofficial Streetview app, but I've forgotten what it's called.

mrrifterdudeguy
Honored Guest
 Thank you Edmg for your response.
I’m still waiting to hear from anyone else concerning what oculus Go vr travel content may exist and how best to find where I might be able  to get them.
  Thank you for any help anyone can give me.
  Have a good day.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I have both an Oculus cv1 Rift and Go.  My Rift is best for armchair travel with Google Earth VR.  Unfortunately no mobile VR to date has enough processing power to run this.  Your best alternative with the Go is to search and watch the many YouTube videos out there imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

mrrifterdudeguy
Honored Guest
Thanks to everyone who responded so far.

bigcat1969
Protege
If you are still around, Wander is a very nice way to view surround pictures of famous paces, monuments and such. It is basically Google Streetview. However it is not true 3D, so indoor scenes or up close people are too big. Anything say 20 feet or more away looks good, so most scenery or monument things like the pyramids and such are good.
The new Youtube app is nice. Type in a parks name or a country name or whatever and hit the 180 button. Yosemite got me cool films with indigenous peoples of South America and Gibraltar along with Yosemite stuff. Yellowstone gets a nice Old Faithful film. You can try searching vr180 and search terms on your computer in Youtube and then using that info to find more on the Youtube app which doesn't search as well.
If you are interested in history try Rome or Athens in the Go store for apps that restore parts of those cities or try Titanic. If you like space look that up in the app store as there are cool tours of the solar system, flybys or planets, etc...