cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow Legend - reviews and impressions - better than Skyrim VR?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Seems like this reviewer thinks it's one of the best VR RPGs ever made - take that Skyrim VR  😄

https://youtu.be/Yz_QVEzVmfk

The official game launch has been postponed to February 28. Expected price $25.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/2739977019349635/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/987230/Shadow_Legend_VR/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

118 REPLIES 118

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any time someone mentions how "long" a game is, I assume they're referring to the average speed-running time.
No. They're referring to the average speed-running + replay value + exploration value + amount of content.
Let's be real, the VR market is full of indie games that are literally over in 5 hours or less. In fact, SteamVR is 99% full of games like that xD!
But don't make me say what I didn't say: I am satisfied with the VR content, many games are worth several dozens of hours. But many games also are not, which is why the concern about the game "size" is legit.

That said, Shadow Legend does seem to have a lot of exploration value ^^.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Any time someone mentions how "long" a game is, I assume they're referring to the average speed-running time.
No. They're referring to the average speed-running + replay value + exploration value + amount of content.

From the experience of reading people claim that a game is short, and then playing them for myself... you are definitely wrong. Robinsons the Journey is a great example. I bought it thinking it was a short game after reading many reviews, and the game ended up being more than twice as long because I chose all the side-quests and in-game unlocks.

CrashFu and myself tend to be the type of gamers who include Exploration Value and Amount of Content.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mentioning one example won't give any weight to what you say, buddy. Especially when I can give you dozens of games that were blamed for being lackluster and which had it coming indeed.

- Evasion is fun, but it has no exploration value and the gameplay is so thin you've seen it all in an hour.
- I love Windlands 2, but it is so linear you've seen it all in one playthrough. The playthrough is 8 hours long though, but only because of a few difficulty spikes (that damn door.... brr...).
- Arkham VR. Great story and memorable scenes, but... the first playthrough is 3 hours, and there's replay value only for collectionnists.
- Rush, Sparc, Affected, all those have gameplays that can literally be summed up in one line and barely no content.
- Most SteamVR games. Just open the SteamVR library.

Again, don't make me say what I didn't say: there are great VR games. A lot of them. But the market is also flooded with games like Gal Gun VR.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Mentioning one example won't give any weight to what you say, buddy.

It's better than the zero examples you gave. I've given plenty more over the last 3 years, so I don't really need to prove myself to you. Your counter argument lacked realism.

- Evasion is fun, but it has no exploration value and the gameplay is so thin you've seen it all in an hour.
-
I love Windlands 2, but it is so linear you've seen it all in one
playthrough. The playthrough is 8 hours long though, but only because of
a few difficulty spikes (that damn door.... brr...).
- Arkham VR.
Great story and memorable scenes, but... the first playthrough is 3
hours, and there's replay value only for collectionnists.
- Rush, Sparc, Affected, all those have gameplays that can literally be summed up in one line and barely no content.
- Most SteamVR games. Just open the SteamVR library.

Glad you finally decided to bring up examples, although that write up only serves to prove the point of CrashFu and myself. Arkham VR was described as a very short experience, but those of us who are Completionists (not Collectionists) definitely wanted to finish the Riddler challenges. Someone like you would describe it as 3 hours, when the reality is the game is closer to 5+ hours.

The rest of the titles you mentioned are not worth the topic.Affected is an 'experience' not an actual game; it's silly that you even listed it. I'm not going to bother going back and listing all the games where people have failed to include the real time it takes to engage in the games full objectives. Many of us have already lived it once, your denial doesn't alter that history.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's better than the zero examples you gave

Right, I didn't mention the SteamVR library, of course. Dude, you just have to open it and there will be plenty of indie games that directly fall in the category of "drop it at first play". Just because I didn't name them doesn't mean they don't exist. They do exist, which is why people are concerned about game length.

Also, I gave actual rules, which are worth much more than examples. "Short games exist, so people are concerned that the game may be too short". That's my point, and that's undeniable.
And that's just pure f*cking logic, but it seems you aren't even able to do math.

And now that I mentioned names, you're just in utter denial yourself. Arkham VR and Affected are games. You don't get to define things to your convenience, and that's something you always fail to understand.
And the other games? They don't fall in the argument just because they prove you wrong. Nice mentality.

Anyway, I'm done with you. You're not only obnoxious, you're also in absolute inability of questioning yourself, which is why it always gets hotter than it should whenever you're arguing (and you should have realized that it happens quite often). Have fun with others.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

And now that I mentioned names, you're just in utter denial yourself. Arkham VR and Affected are games. You don't get to define things to your convenience, and that's something you always fail to understand.
And the other games? They don't fall in the argument just because they prove you wrong. Nice mentality.

I never denied that AkrhamVR was a game; re-read and try again. And there's nothing for me to deny since the topics where people badly judged game length do exist on this forum, and I played the games myself before giving my feedback. I don't recall you ever being part of those discussions, so your interjection here is a bit ineffective.

Anyway, I'm done with you. You're not only obnoxious, you're also in absolute inability of questioning yourself,
which is why it always gets hotter than it should whenever you're
arguing (and you should have realized that it happens quite often). Have
fun with others.
That doesn't really mean much coming from you. A lot of your time on the forum involves running around upvoting troll posts lol

As for arguments on the Internet... they happen often. I choose to participate actively whereas you choose to act as a cheerleader to a side. I don't necessarily consider one better than the other, nor more or less obnoxious.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Alright, back on topic!

And update was released, going to start a new playthrough:

Shadow Legend VR, Version 1.1.7
-Fixed game failing to open

-Improved scene transitions
-Added level select functionality

-Added ability to create multiple save profiles

-Added spell casting to Goddess sword

-Added check points between each final boss phase

-Changed first half of final boss fight to include enemies (second half changes are planned)

-Added belt crouch option

-Re-organized book menus

-Fixed issue that would corrupt save file when closing the game from inside a loading scene

-Moved spawn point in burning courtyard forward

-Equipment now auto-equips when interacting

-Chapel Dungeon chains now pull in the metal rod

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Zenbane said:

-Chapel Dungeon chains now pull in the metal rod

Awesome that little detail didn't seem to work for me at first (before that patch), but eventually I did get it working - causing me to thoroughly explore that dungeon looking for some switches or a hidden button I may have overlooked.
Earned me something like 60+ minutes playtime, and Tarius refused to sell me any brain growing potion to help me out  :'(  

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Just finished the game, 7 hours, 70 out of 73 runes (blew some too far away with my mini-cannon, my bad). Great game, and of course it would have been even better with more content. The game is technically one of the most impressive VR achievements I have experienced. 

Also had some fun changing weapons from one hand to the other behind my back - dunno why I did that, maybe just because I could - and it seems that many care a lot for doing such stuff these days  😄 My arm is quite sore from the final battle - you really need perfect tracking there. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm restarting it this week after the last major update. Can't wait!