cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home Not Loading in Headset

The_Hardboiled_
Protege
I've been having some trouble with my Rift for a few months now and I finally thought I'd ask on the forum here.
Oculus Home will not load up in the headset. I see a square screen of the Home background surrounded by blackness along with the loading icon. After a while, the square screen of the Home background will lock on to my head turning before fading into black and being stagnant again, repeating the process. Little to no Home music also plays.

Regardless of Oculus Home's status in the headset, Games run normally through the headset no problem. I can still select games and apps through the desktop app and play them without lag or issue. The real reason it has become a problem is because I cannot reset my boundaries in VR anymore.

I've contacted Oculus Support and done some troubleshooting on my own but neither one of us found a solution to my problem. I've reinstalled the Oculus App many times and there has been no fix to the problem either. I am open to ideas for what I can do.

The Rift, Touch Controllers, and both Sensors are all listed as connected in the settings. My computer specs are as follow:

Maximus VII Hero Motherboard
Geforce 980 NVidia Graphics Card
Intel Core i7-4790S
1 TB Sata Hard Drive
8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 
Windows 10 OS
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
Are you in the public test channel (aka beta)? If so, please opt-out of public test channel (this is different than just using classic Home on the beta).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

The_Hardboiled_
Protege
This is classic home. I haven't tried the beta yet.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Well, feel free to try the beta then. It may help.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

The_Hardboiled_
Protege
The beta works beautifully at the moment, so I suppose that renders my issue moot.

When I first started I could interact with the Home in Dash, but I did get a (non-interactive) message stating that my account wasn't recognized. I could still move and interact with Home with this message out. After restarting, I haven't gotten the error message again, but I will note down any future errors or occurrences. Thank you, Cybereality!

Anonymous
Not applicable
oculus home or oculus store not working!

webbeworks
Honored Guest