Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brace yourselves: Official Rift-S reveal is coming

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Oculus Rift S PC VR Headset Set For GDC 2019 Reveal

An email sent to Oculus developers by Facebook suggests ‘Rift S’ will be formally revealed at GDC 2019.

UploadVR confirmed with multiple people the email mentions ‘Rift S’ alongside ‘Oculus Go’ and ‘Oculus Quest’. This suggests we should expect a formal announcement in the near future of the PC-based VR headset succeeding Oculus Rift.

And this all begins THIS MONDAY. Hopefully the rumor-mill will prove true this time.

Also note that Oculus is scheduled to be involved in at least 9 different sessions; you can get the full list of GDC here:

https://schedule.gdconf.com/

Down the Rabbit Hole with Oculus Quest (Presented by Oculus)
https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/down-the-rabbit-hole-with-oculus-quest-presented-by-oculus/86560...

Creating Realistic Acoustics with Oculus Audio Propagation (Presented by Oculus)
https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/creating-realistic-acoustics-with-oculus-audio-propagation-prese...

1,078 REPLIES 1,078

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

If you check the Amazon listing for Rift-S, it has the following release date:
December 31, 2019

inovator
Consultant
If possible it's best to buy from amazon. Then if it's defective or for any other reason  you can easily return it. My original go was defective and amazon made things ultra easy.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I will be purchasing from amazon if I buy one, but 19th Dec? I hope it's a lot sooner then that. I think that Amazon date is probably wrong due to CV1 stocks being slowed. I would of thought they had to replace it with something.

inovator
Consultant
Redrizla you just heard from someone (December)  spreading fake news. I just went on amazon and they are just selling 3rd party overpriced rifts. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

inovator said:

Redrizla you just heard from someone (December)  spreading fake news. I just went on amazon and they are just selling 3rd party overpriced rifts. 

You really need to just stop posting omg

This is the Amazon link to Rift-S:

This is the December 31st release date they are showing:
urxd6rq403xi.png

There is no fake news here, there is just your noise pollution.

inovator
Consultant
1St off I made this my thread now. 2nd all u do is throw around person insults. 3rd  On my account no sign of what your showing. If you believe December  I'll sell u ice in the summer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

inovator said:

You really need to just stop posting omg

This is the Amazon link to Rift-S:

This is the December 31st release date they are showing:

There is no fake news here, there is just your noise pollution.

Though I seen stuff like this before - it's possible just a place holder though and not the official release date though:)

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
It's just a place holder release date, pretty common in retail. Oculus themselves are saying Spring this year. I suspect it will launch during F8.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

inovator said:

1St off I made this my thread now.

You can certainly try, but like most of your threads your effort will fall short.

inovator said:

2nd all u do is to around person insults.

You were the first to start insulting in this thread. Which makes you the hypocrite now.

inovator said:

On my account no sign of what your showing.

I posted a screenshot. Are you reading the forum with your eyes closed? Here is the screenshot again:

urxd6rq403xi.png

inovator said:
 If you believe December  I'll sell u ice in the summer.

I'm not reporting my belief, I'm reporting what Amazon is showing. Learn to read.

inovator
Consultant
I thought anyone would know that.