cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Video on Go ?

motorsep
Rising Star
I tried sideloading Amazon Prime Video app .apk and that didn't work 😕

It works in the Oculus(?) web browser, but there is no way to scale video to fit browser's windows or open it up full screen, so to speak.

Has anyone managed to get Amazon Prime Video watchable in one way or another on Go ? How did you do that ?

Thanks

P.S. I wish Oculus managed to convince Amazon to have actual VR app (or Oculus TV app) for their Prime Video service.
16 REPLIES 16

dcshipman
Honored Guest
Use Oculus browser.
Click desktop icon for desktop mode, top right.
Click lock icon top left and allow pop ups and protected...

Took a while to figure out the pop ups and permissions, those fixed mine.

motorsep
Rising Star

dcshipman said:

Use Oculus browser.
Click desktop icon for desktop mode, top right.
Click lock icon top left and allow pop ups and protected...

Took a while to figure out the pop ups and permissions, those fixed mine.

I tried that already, not too long after I posted. Video would freeze shortly after starting. I haven't tried messing with that for a long time, maybe with all the updated Oculus browser got Amazon Video now plays fine in the browser.

motorsep
Rising Star
Alright, gave it another go and everything seems to work smooth, except I can't seem to make video screen larger and video controls are missing from the screen (fast forward, rewind, skip 10 sec back and forth, etc.). That's exactly why a standalone app would be useful (or if Oculus Browser would accommodate those on-screen controls).

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, you can only pause/play with the Oculus Browser.  You can change screen size by using the top right icon and selecting one of 3 sizes.  The largest one is plenty big imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are there any updates to this topic? There has been an Amazon Prime VR app in the store since summer 2019 but it is marked as compatible with the Quest. Has anyone tried it with the Go?
This would influence my decision to buy the Go or not. 
thx

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Unfortunately still no Go support outside US and UK.  Too bad since I used to like watching Amazon Prime on my Go.  Prime works fine with my iPhone, TV w/fire stick, and PC w/Chrome.  I don’t understand why Oculus and Amazon cannot sort this out in Australia.  I have connected both but have never got a useful response.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
update:
Finally, Prime video app has come to Australia!  Now I can watch all my Prime stuff on my Go again.  After signing in all works and looks great.  Made my day!