My Oculus Rift is showing a white light but will not display anything. — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

My Oculus Rift is showing a white light but will not display anything.

GameGrinderGameGrinder Posts: 2
NerveGear
My Oculus Rift was working perfectly for the first few weeks i had it then it just stopped displaying an image and i do not know why. For the past month I've been searching all over the internet trying to find the solution but could not. I've tried installing new drivers, going back to older drivers, reinstalling the oculus drivers and plugging everything in and out again and nothing works. I feel it may be a hardware issue with the cable attached to the headset as the game shows up on my monitor and the motion detection works perfectly as well. I have a Gefore GTX 1050 Ti and 8 GB of RAM and an Intel Pentium CPU G4600. Any and all help would be appreciated. 

Comments

• OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 209 Oculus Staff
    My Oculus Rift was working perfectly for the first few weeks i had it then it just stopped displaying an image and i do not know why. For the past month I've been searching all over the internet trying to find the solution but could not. I've tried installing new drivers, going back to older drivers, reinstalling the oculus drivers and plugging everything in and out again and nothing works. I feel it may be a hardware issue with the cable attached to the headset as the game shows up on my monitor and the motion detection works perfectly as well. I have a Gefore GTX 1050 Ti and 8 GB of RAM and an Intel Pentium CPU G4600. Any and all help would be appreciated. 

Hey GameGrinder, are you using any kind of adapters or extension cables with your headset? If so, please try connecting directly to your system and see if there is any difference. Please create a support ticket at https://support.oculus.com so we can help you out. Thanks! -Rick