cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Think It's Time For A Forum Code Update

As per the title. There has long been issues with the forum on mobile devices such as not being able to delete quote boxes once created and difficulties in pasting pictures.

There are also now issues creeping into desktop browser use. If using IE (I know, don't shoot me!) I can no longer like, awesome or LOL a post, I think this is since the last Windows 10 update.  If I switch to Edge, I have some problems with inserting pictures (no resizing capability) & also problems deleting quote boxes.

Is it possible to give the forum a thorough seeing to Oculus?
73 REPLIES 73

Digikid1
Consultant
Update?  No. It needs a COMPLETE OVERHAUL. 

I tried to like your comment there Digi but I'm currently using IE... just a sec, I'll switch to Edge (I'm not joking)

*Done.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
+1 on this and DnD I tried to awesome you but slipped and awesomed myself  o:)
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
No. Absolutely not. You crazy fools.

If the forum is updated I'll lose the size of my e-peen which is currently the fourth largest on here. Considering the fact that my ker-nob in real life is VERY small I don't want my e-peen size to match, thank you very much.

F*ck, I was using IE to quote in another thread and I keep having to switch back to Edge to like your damn comments.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Better get your keyboard looked as well........the u is wonky
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

CrashFu
Consultant
Another fun issue that I've experienced, trying to access the forums on mobile:

The pages all come up completely blank, and only appear if I change my phone's orientation.  So every time I change a page I have to rotate it sideways and back, lol.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

I've had similar on my Android tablet, it's blank (black) until I scroll.

LZoltowski
Champion
I am sorry, you seem to be using IE ..... 

There is help, you may call a support line that will guide through rehabilitation slowly and gently.

We advise you gently back away and burn IE down to ash, collect this ash, then blast it into space in the direction of the sun.

Also, Android Tablet ... um ... 

Love you really Daft 🙂

I\ll pass it on.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?