Space Junkies Beta about to start ! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Space Junkies Beta about to start !

blanesblanes Posts: 1,067
3Jane
edited June 2018 in Games and Apps
Ubisoft sent me a beta key and once I registered just now they sent me 3 more keys to share - beta is over next 3 days.
Message reads :-  Provide your friend with a Beta Access Code and have them head over here -  https://betasignup.ubisoft.com/sjcb

So here's the 3 keys I was sent and there probably more around from others who signed up.
4A3RGPKRQLGV
P7GLB93PGHC2
HNQM44CPHAGJ

ps. If you take a code then please note which one you use so others don't waste time trying used up codes, cheers  :)

Comments

• Fredd32Fredd32 Posts: 251
    Nexus 6
    edited June 2018
    Here are my extra 3 :
    RDDJFBUBADCE 
    NCJNKJU8H8ZX 
    XNH2ER9EJEFK
    Edit: I redeemed mine on my phone but I do not see it in the store for download yet?
    Edit2: I restarted Oculus and all is good.
  • FlugButtFlugButt Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I used XNH2ER9EJEFK
    Thanks !
  • Fredd32Fredd32 Posts: 251
    Nexus 6
    edited June 2018
    Haven't been able to connect to servers.....anyone else???
    Actually, launching the game causes my internet connection to drop and reconnect.....I have never had this happen before but I have reproduced it several times now....wtf? Anyone have any ideas??? Unplayable for me
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,412
    Project 2501
    Where do you download the game?

• robokomodorobokomodo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited June 2018
    Thanks a lot.. just used code NCJNKJU8H8ZX
    Project 2501
    I used RDDJFBUBADCE  thanks. 

So you get a key, you enter the key here https://betasignup.ubisoft.com/sjcb

Then they send you a key for Home or Steam depending on which you selected. It usually ends up in your spam or promotions folder. 

If it's Home you go to settings --> Redeem Code 

Pretty complicated for anyone not familiar with this. 
    Project 2501
    I had a lot of fun playing this. The weapon variety is much better than Echo Combat. But Echo Combat at least  had 3  v 3 where this was at most 2 v 2. I like that it had two handed weapons. 
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 954
    Neo
    3 more here 

3FUGYBR4B9T2 
    APA7J47BEKWC 
    ALAUWCLWDTM8

• nroskonrosko Posts: 954
    Neo
    Also anyone interested in this sort of thing there is a beta for seeking dawn but you have to purchase the game on steam although its 5 dollars less. https://www.seekingdawn.com/
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,347 Valuable Player
    The new beta is getting a lot of heat - again Ubisoft seems to destroy everything with their authentication system which I personally think is really sad. Same happened to Transference - one of the best VR games ever - but many gave up due to authentication issues. It seems like history is about to repeat itself - Space Junkies is right now rated 2.9/5 (50 % rating the game just 1 star): 

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1907320879394866

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,892 Valuable Player
    I just finished a fun session! And got my arsed kicked. It's a pretty fun death match style game. Great weapons, great action, unique elements to zero graphic space combat, and lots of competitive drive.

But you really have to like Death Match style shooters to enjoy this one.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,757 Valuable Player
    Downloaded and installed Friday night, some problem linking accounts?  Didn't have a clue what's going on so gave up.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,860 Valuable Player
    I've always loved UT (was in a clan even) and Quake 3, and while this game attempts to follow in their footsteps, it just feels too slow. When you cannot grap onto the environtment like in Echo VR, you're a floater. Part of what makes the aforementioned games so intense is how rapidly and unpredictably you can move.

So yeah, it's polished and all, but ends up being too tactical and slow imo.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    Project 2501
    I played a beta many months ago. It was a lot of fun. 

The only issue is it was very similar to Echo Combat but Echo Combat was much better overall. 

I do like that you have sword play. But I preferred the Echo Combat goal based combat. 

Is there a lobby like Echo Combat? 
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,116
    Wintermute
    Yes it has a Lobby, not sure how many it can hold but seems to be 4 players in fights.
    I hated the controls as your body is always upright unlike EchoVR and you are best to set thrusters to move you vertically/laterally rather than the forward/back plane. It was so stupid to have many stupid design flaws. Nothing is ever well done. Even EchoVR has no dynamic Analogue Joystick input. That's not a proper Joystick!
    I played it some more after my criticism 2 posts up, and while I still stand by it, I realize it's not THAT bad really. Joystick strafing  along with the boost, makes you able to change direction fairly quick, so you aren't quite the sitting (floating) duck you are in the echo games.
    A pinch snappier would still be welcome in my book.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor

edited April 24
    60% off for 2 weeks!

Wintermute
    Still not worth paying for Junk with bad control binds and poor design generally on most things.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,471 Volunteer Moderator
    So the sale price is now in effect. At full price it didn't seem worth it, but with the discount I'm tempted. Does it support cross-play between Steam and Oculus users? Normally I'd just grab it on Oculus, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking I should wait until after the Index reveal next week in case that changes my direction.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    edited April 29
    nalex66 said:
    So the sale price is now in effect. At full price it didn't seem worth it, but with the discount I'm tempted. Does it support cross-play between Steam and Oculus users? Normally I'd just grab it on Oculus, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking I should wait until after the Index reveal next week in case that changes my direction.
    @nalex66 Should be cross platform including PSVR.
    Per habbit, I just bought it on the OH store... then realized my next HMD isn't gonna be Oculus and refunded. :smile:
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,471 Volunteer Moderator
    Thanks--that resolves one question, but I think I'll wait a week so I have a better idea if I'm getting a non-Oculus headset anytime soon.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    Wintermute
    My feedback has worked wonders. I may have to Buy and try it again now it is way past Beta!

" Had high hopes but...so many bad designs

1. Ability to Smooth Turn is a ridiculous grab and drag left/right method which you need an empty hand for! Snap turn is so unimmersive as there's no inertia
    2. Move in direction of head OR hands is just daft! If you added smooth loco it wouldn't need those which allows us to LOOK FOR TARGETS and aim at them but fly to evade. You need full smooth vertical/lateral for this NOT X/Y AXIS unless you use sword to sword combat!
    3. Can not change binds for own preference and 5 buttons for Rift ALL DO THRUST making no use for them.
    4. Armery is just weird. You can't use your hand or gun pointer to select menus but must use Joystick directions. Then you grab an item and can't even test what it does right there! At times they all appear around your feet as you choose one and trying trigger does nothing as you'd expect and leaves you wondering how to get the gear up again to scroll it (use up joystick).
    5. Your body is always a vertical target so there's totally no skill to tactics of flying in fast to become a smaller target. Also shields don't protect your legs in this way.
    6. It's all for one combat and little tactics for coop as your voices give away positions in space!!! (a vacuum?). Holding the Crown is merely just that instead of transporting it to your base area. Maps are just big rooms with no progressions to them. Just arcade respawns.
    7. Just 1 female character (based upon statistics yeah but they'd feel the lack of choice a put off)
    8. Laser guns have a laser range of just 2metres! They are totally useless for aiming with and so useless compared to the spaces you play in which guide you always in confined areas.
    9. No way to grab things e.g. the big balls (why 2?) for the mini-game in lobby but that's how shallow it is right now
    10. Why make the Sword an item you select as your loadout when it will be used instead of your gun Graphically cool and had high hopes but this game started with a spaceman idea and hasn't grown it's wings. Make the above changes then.

Developer Response Today: 

Hello We have tried to address yours and community comments. We have a new episode 2 and modes for you to try. Our last updates have also included
    1. See options
    2. the smooth rotation added.
    3. Inputs you don't need as it's a simplified mapping so no contextual buttons needed.
    4. Armoury you can grab the bar to cycle or spin through items, characters and guns.
    5. Your body is vertical but shield will protect feet if you move it to protect. We have also added additional movement on legs that will react to your hand positions, bringing your legs up.
    6. Your voices so you can only hear teammates is in the options menu at top.
    7. There are 3 female characters and a Squid who is a girl.
    8. Gun distances are much higher. You can head shot a sunblaster at 60metres and the ave map size (length is 120 metres approx) depending on map.
    9. You can grab basketball, but the beach ball is too big, some people liked it, sorry you don't.
    10. It's a choice you have 2 slots. Hope that helps"

This should now resolve the mention in...
     APP/Game's Feedback and Critique Megathread (things that irritate you in otherwise great content)

Project 2501
    I remember playing the Beta. I really like this game but it shares the same space as Echo Combat VR. The problem is Echo Combat VR is better. 

My concern with these multiplayer only games is what you do when the servers dry up? Look at Marvel Powers United. Hard to get a game now. There needs to be some mechanism to allow people to schedule matches.