cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Junkies Beta about to start !

blanes
Rising Star
Ubisoft sent me a beta key and once I registered just now they sent me 3 more keys to share - beta is over next 3 days.
Message reads :-  Provide your friend with a Beta Access Code and have them head over here -  https://betasignup.ubisoft.com/sjcb

So here's the 3 keys I was sent and there probably more around from others who signed up.
4A3RGPKRQLGV

P7GLB93PGHC2

HNQM44CPHAGJ

ps. If you take a code then please note which one you use so others don't waste time trying used up codes, cheers  🙂
24 REPLIES 24

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
The new beta is getting a lot of heat - again Ubisoft seems to destroy everything with their authentication system which I personally think is really sad. Same happened to Transference - one of the best VR games ever - but many gave up due to authentication issues. It seems like history is about to repeat itself - Space Junkies is right now rated 2.9/5 (50 % rating the game just 1 star): 

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1907320879394866

9l46qiry823r.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I just finished a fun session! And got my arsed kicked. It's a pretty fun death match style game. Great weapons, great action, unique elements to zero graphic space combat, and lots of competitive drive.

But you really have to like Death Match style shooters to enjoy this one.

Downloaded and installed Friday night, some problem linking accounts?  Didn't have a clue what's going on so gave up.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Wildt
Consultant
I've always loved UT (was in a clan even) and Quake 3, and while this game attempts to follow in their footsteps, it just feels too slow. When you cannot grap onto the environtment like in Echo VR, you're a floater. Part of what makes the aforementioned games so intense is how rapidly and unpredictably you can move.

So yeah, it's polished and all, but ends up being too tactical and slow imo.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I played a beta many months ago. It was a lot of fun. 

The only issue is it was very similar to Echo Combat but Echo Combat was much better overall. 

I do like that you have sword play. But I preferred the Echo Combat goal based combat. 

Is there a lobby like Echo Combat? 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it has a Lobby, not sure how many it can hold but seems to be 4 players in fights.
I hated the controls as your body is always upright unlike EchoVR and you are best to set thrusters to move you vertically/laterally rather than the forward/back plane. It was so stupid to have many stupid design flaws. Nothing is ever well done. Even EchoVR has no dynamic Analogue Joystick input. That's not a proper Joystick!

Wildt
Consultant
I played it some more after my criticism 2 posts up, and while I still stand by it, I realize it's not THAT bad really. Joystick strafing  along with the boost, makes you able to change direction fairly quick, so you aren't quite the sitting (floating) duck you are in the echo games.
A pinch snappier would still be welcome in my book.

Wildt
Consultant

Wildt
Consultant
60% off for 2 weeks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still not worth paying for Junk with bad control binds and poor design generally on most things.