cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

fungusman
Protege
Moderator Update from @OculusSupport

Hey everyone - Just wanted to jump in here real quick and make a plug for the Oculus UserVoice channel. We recently added an Oculus Go section to the site to better collect and organize all the great feedback that is coming in. If you have an idea or feature request for Oculus Go, leaving it on our UserVoice page is a great way to make your voice heard. Just be sure to take a quick look to see if the idea has been previously submitted! Duplicate ideas result in split votes and make it harder for us to track what the true most requested features are. Thanks in advance and keep the awesome feedback coming!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some suggestions for the devs if they need ideas for future software features:
-Download manager
I sometimes will have 4-5 things downloading at once but then change my mind after a few minutes and would like to pause the download, see whats been completed, or cancel all at once. Maybe look at STEAM for inspiration on how to do this.

-REMOVE POP UPS
or have a setting to change them. I was mid game of something and I died in game because the popup was covering the targets I was supposed to be hitting. Also I was watching startrek on netflix and a "download complete"  pop up would be stuck on the screen for what seemed like an eternity. Maybe voice to speach "Download Complete" or SOMETHING to remedy this annoying nag screen.

-Dashboard clock
IT would be nice to have a clock somewhere to bring up. If I'm cooking food or something and need to check if ten minutes have gone by or WHATEVER it would be cool to be able to see what time it is. Or to even keep track of the passage of time so I don't spend all fricking night on damn thing lol. BONUS REQUEST: A stop watch or timer. I say this becuase this is a pick up and play device, and if I'm doing laundry or something it would be cool to have something like this. SURE I could use my phone, but if I have my headphones in or something I won't notice, nor do I want to take the headset off to futz around with this.
-Quick Screen Off button
If I'm downloading a ton of stuff, I want to put the headset down. There should be a way to turn the display off but allow background downloading. I'm not sure if it is already doing this, because there is no download manager to keep track of whats going on. A "turn off rift after downloading and installing" mode (like PS3 does) would be cool too.

232 REPLIES 232

ensjesse
Honored Guest
I know this sounds cheesy but I would like some basic productivity apps. A POP3/IMAP email client, pdf reader, doc reader (multi format), media player with background mp3 playing while in apps, phone/sms chat client/bridge, clock with timer, browser with multi tab support with full 360 viewing or multi window (that works), maps application and wikipedia with offline function. I wish we could just port the Gapps over and make them fit for the GO but I know that would be teeth pulling with Google. I like youtube vr but can not watch youtube TV. Oh and with that being said what is up with Sling and these TV apps? Why can I not just click up through channels and surf? Why does the guide require so many clicks and manipulations. Also we need void settings and new background options for the TV viewing room. Please keep up the great work. I want to be able to be like some kind of holoman at work and not take it off. It will annoy my co-workers even more but I can be banging out emails and maybe if we could pair with a keyboard and mouse? Oh that would be the future! The future I tell ya. 

skeefiez11
Explorer

Hi.  On Jan 25th
I posted to various community boards (Oculus Go, Support, Apps and Games, etc)
with absolutely no responses L

My original post:

Hi - I was not
receiving any responses from the Apps and Games forum so I will ask
here..  I just bought an Oculus  Go headset and I’m really having a
good time but all I see on here as far as movies is Netflix, Hulu or Showtime.
When will you guys start adding more entertainment apps like Vudu  or My
Movies Anywhere, HBO, Amazon prime video etc.? Also is there any plans to add
the MLB At Bat app or the NHL.com/NHL.tv app on the Oculus Go? I have
subscriptions to both and use them currently on my iPhone, Roku and my Desktop
PC to watch MLB and NHL games.  I find it very odd that neither app is
available (actually no MLB or NHL app is present!) and find it a real pain to
use a browser to log into nhl.com to try and access live games using my headset
so have to still use my Roku to watch..

When will these apps
be available?

================================================

I then posted this morning out of frustration with the lack
of support/replies:

FYI nhl.tv does NOT
work using the oculus browser or any other browser I tried with (like samsung
browser) 😞 does that mean Oculus Go does not use Flash or something similar? I
can access nhl.com, but when I try to access my account and try to watch a live
stream, it does not even come up and wants to try and look for google play
store for the nhl.com app which of course does not exist for Oculus.. what
gives?!?!  

Also still waiting for Oculus Support (is there any??) on my
initial question opened up over a week ago on that as well as apps for HBO,
Amazon Prime, Vudu, mlb at bat, etc..

What is the point of support or forums if no one answers?? 😞

Thanks

Zaw208
Explorer
This isn't so much about the GO as it is with this recommendation forum. Web Dev should go have a look at Wyze Cam's Roadmap forum. It just seems a little better than how this page is setup.

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey everyone - Just wanted to jump in here real quick and make a plug for the Oculus UserVoice channel. We recently added an Oculus Go section to the site to better collect and organize all the great feedback that is coming in. If you have an idea or feature request for Oculus Go, leaving it on our UserVoice page is a great way to make your voice heard. Just be sure to take a quick look to see if the idea has been previously submitted! Duplicate ideas result in split votes and make it harder for us to track what the true most requested features are. Thanks in advance and keep the awesome feedback coming!

raeldor
Expert Protege
Come on guys.  This is a great piece of hardware, but you seem to have done nothing to provide more social applications or enhancements to go with it.  I expected more from Facebook.  A device is only as good as the software that runs on it.  Rooms is pretty much the same application it was a year ago.  Where is Oculus Spaces for example?  Please... more innovation on the software front!

Danielmark
Honored Guest
Here are some suggestions for the devs if they need ideas for future software features: -Download manager.

Dilip
Rising Star
This is right time to Upgrade OC GO with SD835/845 with better battery and power bank+USB Support.. Doing this little is enough to fuel sales to new records for already good performing device...Sadly now focus of OC is Quest.. >:)

god_alom
Adventurer
Somones' mentioned before. Have controller attached to headset so it doesn't sleep.

Anonymous
Not applicable
WHY Oculus GO gets a STICKY and RIFT does not? 
The https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift is still a hidden Link not seen on the Forum!
They promised to add it because they constantly say post there and DEVs will look.
Just look at that long string of numbers for crying out aloud!
Seriously, this thread should NOT exist but you should add Links to the forum for https://oculus.uservoice.com/

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

MAC_MAN86 said:

WHY Oculus GO gets a STICKY and RIFT does not? 
The https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift is still a hidden Link not seen on the Forum!
They promised to add it because they constantly say post there and DEVs will look.
Just look at that long string of numbers for crying out aloud!
Seriously, this thread should NOT exist but you should add Links to the forum for https://oculus.uservoice.com/

Hey Mac Man - Thanks for the callout! I have a couple things I can share here. This thread was originally created before we had included Oculus Go on UserVoice. To your point, I think it makes less sense now to have a stickied thread for Oculus Go (or any product really) suggestions now that UserVoice is the preferred place for that type of feedback.

I believe I have commented in the past that I've heard your feedback as to not surfacing the UserVoice link more prominently on the forums, and I want to reaffirm that sentiment. We're still looking into the best place and way to do that, so we appreciate you hanging tight in the meantime. I do want to call out this stickied thread which currently directs any Rift feature requests to UserVoice in the OP. I'll update the title of that thread to include a UserVoice mention while we work on a more permanent link solution for the forums. Thanks!